Jedi Fallen Order Unplayable Due To Performance/Stuttering [PC]

by DoomPredator1991

Original Post

Re: Jedi Fallen Order Unplayable Due To Performance/Stuttering [PC]

★ Guide

Just played Kashyyyk today. Had stutters that lasted as long as 5 seconds during cinematics and the landing cutscene. Sick of these unoptimized ports. And EA's already working on a sequel without patching these issues.

Message 31 of 78 (8,646 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The main issue here is bluetooth xbox contorller.
I have currently 2 fixes:
1. use cable for your wireless contorller
2. in your win10 power settings pick High Performance insted of balanced (or you can set minimum processor state to 100% in advanced settings)

More games using unreal engine have this issue

Message 32 of 78 (8,394 Views)

★★★ Novice
@dejavu64541 Today i decided to uninstall Origin and Uplay from my computer forever. I really dont care how much money i spent these platforms but enough is enough. These two company try to steal money from us, they sell broken games. We dont need to search solutions for their mistakes. I AM NOT GOING TO SPENT A CENT FROM NOW ON TO THEM
Message 33 of 78 (8,377 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@DoomPredator1991 wrote:

I just got the game today and already the game has loads of issues. The biggest issue has to do with the performance and stuttering in game due to poor optimization work done by the dev team. My setup is a [1080 TI / i7-6700 / 16GB RAM / Windows 10 x64] and I've gone through all the settings without any fixes to this issue. This problem seems to stem from the open world aspect of optimization as many of the sections where the game is loading the open world scene will cause major stuttering issues. All of my settings are now on the lowest that they can be, which is medium, and yet this problem still is a huge issue making the game unplayable. Fights with creatures turn into a hit or miss where the game will stutter which causes you to die due to not being able to perform any actions. Exploring the open world, which should look beautiful, becomes unenjoyable due to how poorly the game performs. This is embarrassing how badly this is doing so far after launch and is 100% unacceptable. Rockstar has already fixed their issues in their open world game which does way more than this game does. Fix your *. 

Come on EA/Respawn. We deserve a fix for this clearly broken game. Quit your * and fix the damn game & nevermind making a 2nd one; the first one is still incomplete, clearly!

Fix it or give us all refunds, you con artists.

Message 34 of 78 (8,108 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem here. It's unplayable on pc. i7 6700k and rx5700xt.

Message 35 of 78 (8,049 Views)

★★ Novice
@DoomPredator1991 I can't believe this is still happening. And for the record, it's not just a * port, the same problem exists on Xbox One X and is also still not fixed. Haven't played on PS4, but I'm guessing it's the same. This game is broken across the board. I thought I learned my lesson after Anthem, but apparently not.
Message 36 of 78 (7,480 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@reaperL5D I don't know if you were able get your issue resolved but the issue I experienced was fixed switching the xbox one controller off bluetooth and back to usb.
Message 37 of 78 (68,967 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for this suggestion. I can confirm that this worked for me. It was so bad that even the starting menu was chugging but after I plugged my Xbox One controller in rather than use it wirelessly, it stopped chugging and is now running perfectly.

Message 38 of 78 (7,242 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just downloaded it 5 days ago and i have same problems as yours. My set is a(1660ti/ ryzen 7 3350H/ 16gb RAM / Window 10 64bit), all my settings are set to the lowest but it still have stuttering issues in the game. I've tried to find solution everywhere on internet as well as apply to my game but no hope. The game is unplayable due to fps drop eventhough i have a decent laptop build. Have u found the way to fix it ? I wonder my star war jedi was downloaded on Origin would be better when i download it on Steam ??

Message 39 of 78 (7,481 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Like another said, the source of my problem was my Xbox controller on bluetooth.  Disabled bluetooth connexion and plugged in controller USB cable.  Since then Running all setting on Epic graphic settings with no slow downs.

Message 40 of 78 (7,542 Views)