by DoomPredator1991

Original Post

Re: Jedi Fallen Order Unplayable Due To Performance/Stuttering [PC]

★★★ Newbie

I am having terrible Performance Issues:

Ryzen 1700x at 3.9 MHz

EVGA XC ULTRA 2 2080ti

16 GB of RAM

Game runs like trash. Constant drops to 40-50 fps no matter what settings/res.

Message 11 of 78 (18,420 Views)

★★ Novice

still no fix...

Message 12 of 78 (18,338 Views)

★★★ Guide

One thing you can try if you haven't yet, while JFO is running, open task manager, select JFO's process, right click and select details, and set the priority to High. It defaults to normal, but this will make sure your CPU focuses on making the game run smoothly, especially if it's not making out your CPU and you are still getting the stuttering. You can try setting this to real-time but not sure if that's too high and could destabilize your system.

Message 13 of 78 (18,304 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Absolutely true. A shame, as a notorious stuttering spoils the experience, it even makes combat difficult when this happens. It is quite surprising the great reviews received, with this level of optimization so poor.

Message 14 of 78 (18,158 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

did anything change for you?

Message 15 of 78 (18,146 Views)

★★★ Guide

People keep posting their specs, but omitting the storage media JFO is installed on. Earlier in this thread, someone mentioned storage I/O, and that that might be a factor. I am using a NVMe SSD drive, and having no stuttering whatsoever at 60fps. Wondering if that has something to do with it. Also noticing consistent problems with PS4 users, which uses mechanical HDD.

System Specs:

i7 8700K

NVidia RTX 2060

16GB RAM

Samsung 970 Evo SSD

Message 16 of 78 (18,126 Views)

★★ Novice
@Gargamel314 I'm using a 970pro and only solved by limiting fps to 30
Message 17 of 78 (18,122 Views)

★★★ Guide

Have you tried identifying the bottleneck with a hardware monitor? I think msi afterburner has a hardware monitor overlay you can watch while playing.

Message 18 of 78 (18,111 Views)

★★ Novice
@Gargamel314 I have hwinfo in the background most of the time... I feel like I have literally tried everything.... Overclocked with msi, underclocked, overclocked cpu... I always hit power limits, and maybe that's the cause? But that is triggered on every single game anyway and has never caused such stutter. And the consistant thing is, the stutter builds up over time... Like a pagefile issue.... But I've tried increasing the pagefile... Decreasing it, letting windows set it.... I don't know what else to do.
Message 19 of 78 (18,104 Views)

★★★ Guide

JFO hardly uses any of my pagefile. I have 4gb allocated and it uses 500mb at most.  I also have game mode in W10 disabled, I heard that causes some issues too.

Message 20 of 78 (17,393 Views)