Jedi Fallen Order Unplayable Due To Performance/Stuttering [PC]

by DoomPredator1991

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Jedi Fallen Order Unplayable Due To Performance/Stuttering [PC]

★★★★ Novice

I just got the game today and already the game has loads of issues. The biggest issue has to do with the performance and stuttering in game due to poor optimization work done by the dev team. My setup is a [1080 TI / i7-6700 / 16GB RAM / Windows 10 x64] and I've gone through all the settings without any fixes to this issue. This problem seems to stem from the open world aspect of optimization as many of the sections where the game is loading the open world scene will cause major stuttering issues. All of my settings are now on the lowest that they can be, which is medium, and yet this problem still is a huge issue making the game unplayable. Fights with creatures turn into a hit or miss where the game will stutter which causes you to die due to not being able to perform any actions. Exploring the open world, which should look beautiful, becomes unenjoyable due to how poorly the game performs. This is embarrassing how badly this is doing so far after launch and is 100% unacceptable. Rockstar has already fixed their issues in their open world game which does way more than this game does. Fix your *. 

Message 1 of 78 (82,537 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Jedi Fallen Order Unplayable Due To Performance/Stuttering [PC]

★★★ Newbie
@reaperL5D I don't know if you were able get your issue resolved but the issue I experienced was fixed switching the xbox one controller off bluetooth and back to usb.

View in thread

Message 37 of 78 (68,928 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I was having the same issue. Running I7-7820HK/ GTX1080/ 16GB RAM Windows 10 x64.

Stuttering/ frame drops (steady 80+ FPS drop to 1 FPS for a few seconds sometimes longer before it goes back up. It was happening on medium, high, and ultra settings. Some points in the game would event crash the game entirely.

The only way i was consistently able to play without one stutter or frame drop was when i dropped the FPS cap to 30 in game.

Message 2 of 78 (82,285 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sure that would "fix" the stutter problem due to the games fps being so low that it isn't noticeable but it also makes the game look like garbage with the game still being unplayable. I didn't buy a $60 game to run it at * settings than an Xbox 360 would...

Message 3 of 78 (82,259 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This happens to me also. It's extremely frustrating. I have an 8700k and a 1080ti and I get the same crap happening when I get into certain fights, or when I move through levels to new areas. It's so bad. I don't understand why they haven't fixed this. The forums are plastered with people talking about the same issue. I did a deep dive to find any fix possible and I tried 20 different things and it all results in the same outcome. It's the game. It isn't your system. The game needs a massive patch. I haven't played since the latest patch but I am going to test it today to see if the patch did anything to address these glaring issues.

Message 4 of 78 (81,723 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same here, game is working at  +100fps but is unplayable due stuttering.
I will cancel the Origin suscription until they fixs this.

Message 5 of 78 (81,391 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Xaxiquesi So still no fix? i beat the game but it was torture lol. Had to set it to all min specs and screw like 4 hours with AMD catalyst to get it run well and look decent.

Respawn are being as bad as EA at fixing this. Nearly a month with no repairs?
Message 6 of 78 (81,277 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@Dissolution187  Thanks. I assumed I was also having this issue due to my weaker cpu (i3 8100), but if you're getting the same issue with an 8700k than I guess not. Shame really, since otherwise the game is pretty great.

Message 7 of 78 (80,975 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

The I/O stutter is worse on mechanical hard drives. If you have an SSD, it's recommended to install the game to that.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 78 (80,947 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@OsirisTheVile Still no fix.
Message 9 of 78 (80,512 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I disagree. The game still microfreezes when capped at 30 fps, to a lesser extent but it is still highly noticeable, and also when you play at the absolute lowest graphics settings (medium) and resolution, with vsync and dynamic resolution off. The asset streaming between levels has been poorly coded in this game. What they should have done is make it pause and load everything it needs for a given level and then players can play through that level without issues. But that would somewhat break the appearance of openness of the levels. But it's still better than a stuttering mess.

Message 10 of 78 (80,318 Views)