Re: Item limit increase or removal!

by SimKeisha

Original Post

Item limit increase or removal!

★★★★★ Novice

This is by far the strangest problem I have encountered in all my years of playing The Sims. I’ve played since the original PC version came out. I was so excited when I came across The Sims Mobile app!! It has been very great fun and I’ve even spent money on in game purchases. I rarely ever do that. With that being said, I think it’s absolutely ridiculous that there is an item limit on the things we can put in our Sim’s home!! I have worked very hard and have reached level 40 which seems to be the top level and I e also leveled out in the lifestyle levels. Now, I keep running into an item limit on trying to buy new items. Even when I put things in inventory I STILL can not place a new item in my house. We’ve worked very hard and have spent Simoleons on these items and shouldn’t have to store them in an inventory to begin  with. I do like that there is an inventory for unneeded things. But, really!? I can’t even complete the daily to do list because I can’t add new items into my home. This item limit needs to be raised very very high or re,over completely. As I stated, I know there are tons of people with this problem and they too have spent their Simoleons on items they can’t use or add more of. What’s the point of the game now? Play repeat?! Also, think about adding maybe a selling feature for items that are in the inventory that are no longer wanted. 

Message 1 of 13 (1,722 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

At first I thought this was one of my complaints. It is so eerily similar. The impression I got from these guys is that this is a pay to play game. Kiss your RL cash good-bye.

Message 2 of 13 (1,625 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yeah at this point it is. Out of all the Sims Games I have never had any problem with having too much or doing “too good of a job”. Sorry were playing right and can’t afford to buy things. It’s almost like we’re getting penalized for doing too good in the game. 

Message 3 of 13 (1,616 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I agree with that totally and it does fit into the scheme of things.

The only problems I had with any of my other Sim games was way back when Maxis first started out. They not only resolved the issue but gave me the means to fix any future problems (a tool-kit kind of like a Linux of Sim programming). With it, I could work on my ideas, but those are the original Sims.

Since EA took over, it is hard to attach to my Sims and I use them as tools only. This is a breakthrough having them on mobile, but only up to the point of where the problems in programming starts about a month into playing it, and that is due to the limits of the mobile itself. The technology would have to improve and the techs would have to vigorously expand their efforts (they would actually have to go to work), but the fact is, is EA is a business and that means they are in it for the money. The nature of the game, however, is to help us psychologically speaking. Those are 2 opposing themes which is why it is not free today.

In the beginning you'd buy the product and it's yours to do as you will. Today, you get the product free, but you pay and keep paying in order to use it efficiently.

The industry is sick and twisted and a testament to the state of Real Life affairs.

Message 4 of 13 (1,603 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I know!! I remember when you could go online and find extra items for your games, you could import houses, furnishings, clothing, etc. Maxis is a great game developer and with them being partnered with EA on this they should have some control. I’ve called EA over and over and they keep talking me to start a forum so here we are. 

Message 5 of 13 (1,589 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I am having the exact same problem, in addition to retired characters reappearing without any trait progress, fashion gems disappearing that Support claims I have spent, etc. I’m so close to quitting, which is a bummer because I love this game. I’m also at Level 40.
Message 6 of 13 (1,569 Views)

★★★ Novice

Have they not even responded to this post!?! I'm trying to complete the new barbeque quest, but can't put anything down!! Even when I remove!

Message 7 of 13 (1,496 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here. I tried to place summer drink tray but the item limit notification kept showing even after I removed some things.  I also can't move the items at my home, I hope they fix it ASAP. 

Message 8 of 13 (1,478 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Haven’t heard from EA on this post. I do find it ironic that they are taking the time do develop a new challenge with new items we can even use. I’m having the exact same issue. All my new things I’ve won’t from the Summer BBQ Challange is I’m “storage” which is BS. 

Message 9 of 13 (1,470 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

They have not!!

Message 10 of 13 (1,404 Views)