Re: It destroyed my gtx1080 ti kingpin

by EzyHawk

Original Post

It destroyed my gtx1080 ti kingpin

★ Novice

The game suddenly changes the resolution of my monitor to the lowest one possiible at random times. The only way to fix this is by unplugging it and replugging it. Also at random times the screen goes black and my gpu fans go full speed. This happens more often as time goes by. A month ago I asked for RMA from EVGA as my gpu could not work anymore as it was supposed to. I dont want my new gpu to to malfunction as well. I have a gtx 1080 ti kingpin. Please help me!

Message 1 of 5 (328 Views)

Champion
@RavusVerumRex Did you change your gpu recently?
Did you verify that the old gpu drivers is uninstalled and that nothing else on your gear may be interfering with your build such as bad ram, short circuit etc?

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 5 (296 Views)

★ Novice

Yes I tested lots of wires and updated the drivers. My new gpu is the same as my old one, as i had rma, so i dont think drivers are the problem.

Message 3 of 5 (275 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You do not still have the broken Kingpin 1080Ti by any luck? 

Message 4 of 5 (87 Views)

@Pantybell 
As this thread is a bit old at this point, we are going to lock this down so that we can prevent any necro-posting.

If you run into any further issues please create a new thread so that we can begin tracking accordingly!

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 5 of 5 (76 Views)