Re: Issues with the EOR matchmaking system - examples

by manear26

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

This is so frustrating

I don't really know how many different ways I can say it. 

It has not worked since the August update. 

Does not matter which time of the day and does not matter which server I ping to. 

I've reinstalled the game and reset the game. 

I have literally tried EVERY server multiple times at different times and only ever get empty lobbies. 

I've raised it in probably close to 100 posts by now and threads. 

This is the third time someone with EA_ has responded but never have they gone further. 

I've sent in bug reports to EA. 

I have no idea what else I can do to get this attention short of picketing EA

There are dozens of threads and posts on this issue from heaps of people. 

Platform is PS4. Primary server is Australia. 

I really like the game. I purchased the pre-order trooper edition ($110) and am not a troll who slams the game and plays something else. 

Message 111 of 166 (1,091 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@EA_Atic wrote:

Hey @ggibb65 @manear26,  Strike is working no issue with the game mode, at what time a day are you trying to play it and in what region and platform? 

/Atic 

@EA_Atic- Strike might be working in your region but not in Australia. In fact, none of the game modes other than GA & HvsV work via the AUST ping site or the default ping. Always will come up with empty lobbies or no game available. Even if you get into a lobby with another player, it never fills. Maybe MM/group play is the issue with me being a solo player. Maybe it can't fit me in to an 8/16 player mode. 

As I have stated before, the only way to get a game in the smaller modes is, for me, to use the US Virginia ping. This works for me but @manear26 is saying no other ping site works for him/her. The only difference is my platform is Xbox, his/hers is PS4.

"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

EA DICE Team

Hey @ggibb65,  If you aren't able to find a game it's possible that there aren't enough active players in your specific region at the times you are playing. Try changing your ping site to find out what works for you.

/Atic

Message 113 of 166 (1,038 Views)

Champion
@EA_Atic - I don't believe that 3.00 to midnight AEST is non-peak time and yes I have found US Virginia works for me. What I don't believe is that in Australia I can't find 7 other players to start a game of Strike (Strike will start with 4 players on each team). I have not changed anything since the game was first released and prior to the ping site problem last year, was able to get in to any game from the Aust ping site. When the ping site issue first appeared and prior to the EA fix, I was not able to get into any game (GA included) in Australia. I found that I could get games using US Oregon. Then the fix was released and the Aust site worked for GA & HvsV but not any other mode & US Oregon stopped working causing me to search for another site (US Virginia). @manear26 is not so lucky and can't find any site that will work. I'm not sure where in Aust he/she lives but could be on the other side of the country to me with a 2hr time difference. In all honesty, I am mainly a GA player and occasional SA player who doesn't mind changing ping sites to get games but there are others out there who have no success at all. There has to be a reason and not necessarily caused by network/ISP connection issues.
"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

Champion (Retired)

This is becoming an issue for me and my groups again.  Things worked fine for a few weeks, as far as I could tell, but in the last three days or so all the problems are happening again.  It's as if any fix that you implemented has suddenly been shut off.  Oregon servers, evenings, PS4.  Biggest problem once again is being dumped into almost-empty servers waiting for one or more players that never arrive. 

Message 115 of 166 (995 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Also a note, I play on Oregon servers, and quite a few Australians are playing in these servers with us.  I don't know if that is significant, but I noticed that a number of Australian players have been having big problems with this, so I wondered if that has anything to do with it.  

Message 116 of 166 (994 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Sorry, I've grown weary of noting the exact details you've asked for in this thread every time I report, but I do have a couple of things worth adding.  For the past few weeks, the game has worked really well for me and my various groups, an occasional glitch, but only once every few days or so.  Now, it has reverted back to all the group matchmaking problems I reported a few weeks ago.  Things like: a player being kicked out of the group (not due to loss of internet, as PS4 party connection was uninterrupted), or entire group being removed from a full and well-balanced server and dumped into an empty server which is never populated.

A new thing: players clicking on a friend's name in the BF2 group dashboard, and hitting "join game".  Get the usual message about being in the queue, position 1.  Round ends, other non-group players leave the game, but player in position 1 is not pulled into the game during matchmaking.  Game commences with unfilled numbers.  We were experiencing other glitches, so everyone backed out of the game (which not only stinks for us and the time wasted, but also for other people who suddenly find themselves in a game where most players have left).  Our only choice was for everyone to leave the group, and start a new group.  

Being split up from a full and well-balanced game is really a weird way for the matchmaking to work.  We were playing late one night, and we got split up from a full game during matchmaking, and dumped into a mostly empty server with not enough players.  So we immediately left to look for a new game, and we were matched with the other half of the previous game's players, who has ALSO been dumped into a mostly empty server with not enough players.  Obviously it was a non-peak time, so why would your matchmaking not recognize that there were not enough players online to populate both new games, and just leave well enough alone?  Although we were glad to find them again, by chance, it took far longer than if the matchmaking had just left us all together in the first place.  

Message 117 of 166 (972 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic

Imagine you purchased a new car. You get it home from a service and it doesn't start. So you call the dealer and they say "no the car is fine". 
You reply "No, its not fine, it doesn't work"
"Oh, it will work again at the end of the month"
So you wait and end of the month it still doesn't work

You tell them again. 
"Oh, well that's a different problem, we'll have it fixed at the end of this new month"
And again, it doesn't get fixed. 

So you call them up "My car still doesn't move"
And they say "My car moves"

"That's besides the point" you say "and If I go to your support forums there are dozens and dozens of people also saying their car doesn't drive"
"Nah" says the dealer "It's probably you not driving the car. Are you sure you are in the car?"

At what point would you start to say "Hang on, what on earth is going on?????"

Like, seriously, the game is not working!! Why are you not believing this? 

It worked fine

You did an update

It has not worked since. 

When will this actually be taken seriously? Saying "Oh, you're probably just not finding anyone" isn't the answer. 

Message 118 of 166 (959 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Aticare you seriously implying that a server region that covers MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of people there isn't even eight people to start a match?? This has reached a whole level of customer support laziness. Absolutely disgusting that you guys are getting paid to give us this sort of "advice". Last time I complained about this one of you guys asked me to turn my router on and off again. Literally...

Message 119 of 166 (843 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

They also abandoned the game on the exact day of an update and never returned either. 

which in itself is odd, are EA actually admitting to the world that no one is playing the game? Why would anyone buy it? 

I just got back from 2 weeks holiday, was hoping to open this thread to some kind of progress. I see there has been nothing. 

Message 120 of 166 (831 Views)