Re: Issues with the EOR matchmaking system - examples

by Taserface-ZA

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I agree. Matchmaking took me out of a full match of Strike and dropped me into empty lobby of Strike. I just quit. This matchmaking is horrible and completely useless. NO ONE wanted it before and NO ONE wants it now. 

• Your username. the-creative-pup
  • On which platform do you play? PC
  • In what region are you located? US
  • What ping site do you use? Virginia (even though I'm in CA since the OR servers are ALWAYS empty)
  • In which game mode the problem occurred?  GA, HvV, Strike
  • What exactly is the problem? Empty lobbies, matchmaking is still not matching skills of players
  • When exactly the problem occurred? 11:45PM Pacific on 10/28/2018

Message 21 of 166 (2,439 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Your username: Taserface-ZA

On which platform do you play? PC

In what region are you located? South Africa

What ping site do you use? Ireland\Germany

In which game mode the problem occurred? All modes

What exactly is the problem? EOR takes you out of a full lobby and shoves you into an empty lobby. EOR also breaks map rotation. EOR also breaks the squad system as you don't get put into the same squad as your friends anymore.

When exactly the problem occurred? - all the time

(Optional) Any additional feedback?Turn it off, it's opnly causing more people to quit this game and it's taking ten times longer now to find and play a match.

Message 22 of 166 (2,426 Views)

Hero

@Taserface-ZA wrote:

Your username: Taserface-ZA

Awesome username.  Standard smile

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 23 of 166 (2,409 Views)

Hero

@the-creative-pup wrote:

I agree. Matchmaking took me out of a full match of Strike and dropped me into empty lobby of Strike. I just quit. This matchmaking is horrible and completely useless. NO ONE wanted it before and NO ONE wants it now. 

Many people have wanted matchmaking, as matches are too often one-sided (i.e. all the good people on one team).  It's this implementation of matchmaking that people do not want.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 24 of 166 (2,407 Views)

I am not able to provide feedback myself due to time reasons, however, there was a discussion over on Reddit with some good feedback regarding the EOR matchmaking system.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/9s3wob/debate_what_do_you_think_of_eor_matchma...

Players didn't write down the exact time of playing etc, but gave some good examples of things they liked and disliked.

Message 25 of 166 (2,391 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@EA_Ataashi- My frustration is coming to the fore!!!

Started playing tonight 8.45pm AEST (Australia ping site). Took about 5mins to get 1st game on Kashyyyk. Lobby about 30 players to start with but full by the end of the match. MM found next game (Deathstar II) with lobby being 21 players and slowly filling. Played both rounds (2nd with 39 players). EOR matchmaking found next game on Endor (Map rotation was going well) but lobby did not have enough players to start match (11 in fact). After waiting a couple of minutes with lobby not filling, players started to quit including me. Searched for a new game. Took a couple of minutes and then ended up on Endor again playing in an already running 2nd match with again 39 player lobby. It was now about 10.15pm AEST when EOR MM searched for next match. Tatooine was found but lobby had only 2 players. Waited, a third player joined but soon left because the lobby was not filling. Waited around another couple of minutes with no change in numbers then quit. Spent the next half hour trying to get into a game using different ping sites. No luck so I quit altogether in frustration.

Matchmaking, I am sure, is frustrating a lot of players other than me so I am suggesting that it be switched off until we can be guaranteed that once we are in a playable lobby, we will stay there until we quit of our own choice. I am sure most players would put up with occasional one sided matches as long as they could play without worrying about being matched out of a well populated lobby. If matchmaking is to continue then take @GOD_IV 's suggestion and use it to scramble teams in existing lobbies not to fill lobbies in other games leaving other players stranded..

"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

★★★ Newbie
  • Username: DimDarkDoom
  • Platform: PS4
  • Region: US
  • Ping: US, Oregon and US, Virginia
  • Game Mode Problems: All modes that require matchmaking.
  • Problems: Joining an empty lobby, long wait for a match, broken map rotation, difficult matchmaking in a group, etc.
  • When exactly the problem occurred: The problem began with the new EOR matchmaking system and has been consistently problematic since its implementation. 
  • (Optional) Any additional feedback: I never experienced a problem in the matchmaking area until this new system was implemented. The old system worked fine and in my opinion, did not require an change.
Message 27 of 166 (2,371 Views)

★★ Novice

• Your username. duller03
  • On which platform do you play? PS4
  • In what region are you located? North America
  • What ping site do you use? Virginia
  • In which game mode the problem occurred?  All Game Modes
  • What exactly is the problem? - Joining an empty lobby, long wait for a match, broken map rotation, difficult matchmaking in a group, etc.  All of these are constant issues due to the End of Round matchmaking system that was installed into the game
  • When exactly the problem occurred? - Please, be as accurate as possible! We're looking for a day + hour, so we'll be able to perform a thorough investigation. Even one example should be enough.After every two rounds players are FORCED to matchmake, dumping people into different servers and often empty ones that take forever to fill up if at all.  Its usually quicker to quit entirely and find a new game.  Also being forced into different servers means that you end up playing the same location multiple times and map rotation is destroyed.
  • (Optional) Any additional feedback? See above!.  The End of Round Matchmaking test needs to be removed.  Its failing big time and nruining the game for many players.

Message 28 of 166 (2,366 Views)

★★★★ Pro
  • Your username - grimmace2
  • On which platform do you play? XBOX ONE
  • In what region are you located? North America
  • What ping site do you use? Oregon
  • In which game mode the problem occurred? ALL
  • What exactly is the problem? - Takes awhile to find a match, not a huge deal, I can handle it.  Problem is when EOR MM takes place after two rounds.  90% of the time I find myself getting dumped in to empty lobbies or lobbies with 1-3 players.  Only solution is to quit and start from scratch.  Waiting once to find a match is not terrible, having to do it every two rounds is unacceptable.  Spending more than half your playtime in lobbies is not the way any AAA title should work.
  • When exactly the problem occurred? - Happens at the end of every other round.
  • (Optional) Any additional feedback? - It seems the dev team has a lot of energy invested in the current MM system but it may be more prudent to simply apply a team shuffle every couple of rounds so that players can actually play instead of constant waiting.
Message 29 of 166 (2,361 Views)

★★ Novice
Your username: Countess_Trinity
On which platform do you play? PC
In what region are you located? South Africa
What ping site do you use? Ireland\Germany
In which game mode the problem occurred? Galactic Assault
What exactly is the problem? EOR takes you out of a full lobby and shoves you into an empty lobby. EOR also breaks map rotation. EOR also breaks the squad system as you don't get put into the same squad as your friends anymore.
When exactly the problem occurred? - All the time
(Optional) Any additional feedback? - Turn it off, it's only causing more people to quit this game and it's taking ten times longer now to find and play a match.
Message 30 of 166 (2,356 Views)