Issues connecting to Anthem servers on PS4.

by TickleYourBriggs

Original Post

Re: Issues connecting to Anthem servers on PS4.

★★★★★ Novice

Hi there
On a PS4 (from South Africa, Cape Town) and have had the same issue since the 1.10 Patch/Update. All problem solving issues have been followed as listed on various places in this forum with no effect to date. I'll admit that I'm concerned, disappointed and find all this very disconcerting. Quite a bit of money was spent buying this game and it really seems I've been robbed of a R1000. @Cmd_Hagen, a few others too, was fortunate enough to receive an answer as I've gotten none to any posts made since the 1.10 patch. Even went as far as re-initialising my PS4 with no effect. Like many are hoping .... I too look to this being resolved. Many weeks have gone by now with no solution, answers, help or playability on the horizon. Please, some help and real solution would be great. If possible can EA/Origin then at least refund us all in some way if there is no solution/fix. A reply that is of value would be appreciated ... please. Hopefully I won't have to post again regarding this.

Message 21 of 35 (1,787 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem and EA will not admit they are at fault, I'm able to connect then after a few minutes I lose connection. There is nothing wrong with my Internet and every other game I play I have no issue with connection. EA helps service is pointless and tell me the same things over and over again. I have wasted my money buying this game and will never get it back! Never buying an EA game ever again

Message 22 of 35 (1,697 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got it to work on PS4.  Took a while, but here is the order i remember.  Log into Origin.com with your EA account.  In Origin you can check what accounts are linked.  If the system you are using isn't linked, then you need to log into EA using your PS4 account.  There is a button on the login page for PS4.  Then go back to check Origin to see if the correct account is linked.  If it is, start the game.

Message 23 of 35 (1,687 Views)

★ Novice
@TickleYourBriggs I don't care to search all the web to find a solution for a problem that shouldn't exist, but I expect from the company to give me back my 70 fkng € that I have payed for the game if the problem is not going to be fixed IMMEDIATELY!

It is unspeakable for a purely online game have issues to connect two years after release! Especially if the company that has released it is EA.

When they asked to pay for the game I didn't give the money by doses, I gave them all together. And for that I DEMAND the game to be flawless! I don't care if it has some bugs here and there, but I will certainly care to be playable!
Message 24 of 35 (1,481 Views)

★ Novice
@beanbagism That's not the problem. My accounts are linked and still can't play the game due to disconnects.
Message 25 of 35 (1,475 Views)

I downloaded anthem and when I opened the game it kept sa...

★★★★★ Newbie

I downloaded anthem and when I opened the game it kept saying CONNECTION PROBLEM. I tried several different things but nothing worked. I think that I need PlayStation Network but it says that I have PSN and anthem still doesn't work. I know that other people are experiencing similar issues. If you have any thoughts on what I could try, please put them in the reply section, thanks.

Message 26 of 35 (1,338 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am no tech wizard with any of this stuff but I am a game geek, and with all of the games that I have previously played I know that when ever theirs a problem they usually fix it.

Message 27 of 35 (1,334 Views)

Re: I downloaded anthem and when I opened the game it kept sa...

★★★ Newbie
@ILMMaDD08 Same here. The game doesn't even prompt me to log in or try another fix. It just says it can't connect to the server at this time and that's it. No way back or forward.
Message 28 of 35 (1,268 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Nope,  its not your connection,  everyone else is getting it too,  when i play other games,  the connecting is just fine.   Though,  when i play Anthem it says check your internet connection.  I just got this game yesterday and i'm already thinking about refunding this game back to the game store. 

Message 29 of 35 (1,024 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here.

Got through the beginning of the game, now i cant play i anymore. WTF?

Via EA acces.

Message 30 of 35 (972 Views)