Issues connecting to Anthem servers on PS4.

by TickleYourBriggs

Original Post

Issues connecting to Anthem servers on PS4.

★★★★ Novice

Keep getting connection problems when trying to connect to the servers. It seems a lot of people are having this issue. Has anyone had any luck as of yet? I've tried forwarding my ports and some other things the support chat suggested but I've gotten no closer to playing the game stable. 

I was able to play two or three times before I got booted out. I've only been able to go through the tutorial. 

Any info on what's going on or possible fixes would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 35 (15,633 Views)

Re: Issues connecting to Anthem servers on PS4.

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Forwarding ports wouldn't work really because i guess you have got the Upnp option on...

try to cancel it, if it works and you want to keep the option off, you will have to forward ports most likely to any other console / pc you're gaming on.

Message 2 of 35 (15,601 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Appreciate the response. I've disabled UPNP on my router and I'll give the game a shot now. I'm not particularly educated on port fowarding but I gave it my best shot.

Message 3 of 35 (15,597 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Ok just notice that if something using the router and stop working for some reason it's probably that UPNP option that's gotta be turned back on.

Message 4 of 35 (15,593 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So far I've been in a mission for awhile now. Seems to be working. Fingers crossed.

Message 5 of 35 (15,589 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Little bit late, but I'm still having issues connecting. I was able to play for a little bit last night before it died out on me. 

Not sure if you have any further suggestions. I'm not even sure if this is something on just my end or if this is on the game's end and everyone is having issues. 

Once again any help is appreciated. As it stands right now I cant even play the $60 I paid for.

EDIT: I also have NAT type 2, which from what I understand is important.

Message 6 of 35 (15,545 Views)

★ Guide

Many people have this problem...including me so don't worry. Best option right now is to wait for BioWare to fix the servers since nothing at the troubleshoot section works....atleast for me.

Message 7 of 35 (15,533 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay, thanks for the heads up. It's good to know I'm not the only one having an issue. I've been at this for 3 days now and the most frustrating part was not being able to find information about whether this is something on my end or the game's end.

Message 8 of 35 (15,529 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Im also having the same issue i've been able to play for a few mins then disconnect get the same 3 error messages. Ive followed the trouble shooting ive even uninstalled the game and downloaded it again which seemed ok for about an hour then back to square one again

Message 9 of 35 (15,512 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem and it always happens at the exact same spot, like I could almost time it. I am not sure if my internet connection sucks or if the game servers are just crappy. I have had intermittent luck but the game always crashes at the same spot.

Message 10 of 35 (15,511 Views)