Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Issue with Xbox X controller on PC

by Neoweng

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Issue with Xbox X controller on PC

★★ Novice

I am using Xbox X series controller on PC.  When connect with USB, everything works OK.

When I connect the controller via Bluetooth, it does not work.  In the menu, it is like it constantly clicking different keys and therefore can not do any selection.

When I use mouse and keyboard to start a game, the xbox controller(connected via bluetooth) show up as two controllers.

Message 1 of 11 (5,016 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Issue with Xbox X controller on PC

★★ Apprentice
@Neoweng To "solve" the issue I used steam.
1. I have added game to Steam

2. Settings -> Controller -> Global Settings for Controller -> Selected Xbox conttroller configuration.
3. Open Big picture mode -> Library -> Fifa -> Settings -> Controller Settings -> Disable both checkbox and set Steam input settings to "force on"

4. Launch game from steam

As I see origin must be closed when you launch game. So
1. turn Origin off is you have it on.
2. Go to steam
3. Launch FIFA

To be sure it works - when you open steam and connect xbox controller you should get a notificaion on a right bottom corner that Steam loaded xbox controller configuration (or something similar).

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (4,999 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice
@Neoweng To "solve" the issue I used steam.
1. I have added game to Steam

2. Settings -> Controller -> Global Settings for Controller -> Selected Xbox conttroller configuration.
3. Open Big picture mode -> Library -> Fifa -> Settings -> Controller Settings -> Disable both checkbox and set Steam input settings to "force on"

4. Launch game from steam

As I see origin must be closed when you launch game. So
1. turn Origin off is you have it on.
2. Go to steam
3. Launch FIFA

To be sure it works - when you open steam and connect xbox controller you should get a notificaion on a right bottom corner that Steam loaded xbox controller configuration (or something similar).
Message 2 of 11 (5,000 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Laionik  Thank you very much for your detailed reply!

Following these steps, now the controller is working via Bluetooth !

in my case, when launching the game, it still launches origin and goes to the "launcher" which I have to click play, and inside the game it is working l 

Message 3 of 11 (4,985 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Laionik Is there a way we can reopen the issue as this is not a solution just a workaround. EA devs need to fix this.
Message 4 of 11 (4,814 Views)

★★★ Novice

Doesn't work for me. I followed all the steps, and when I launch FIFA21 from Big Picture mode, I just get a black screen. Interestingly, when I go to exit the Big Picture mode, I get a message that FIFA21 is still running, even though I didn't see anything.

Message 5 of 11 (4,687 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have managed to solve this issue for myself (by chance), but it requires you to have 2 controllers. If you plug in one controller with the USB cable, and use the other one with Bluetooth, you will find that the erratic menu behaviour after launching FIFA 21 no longer happens with the Bluetooth controller. If you then exit FIFA 21, and unplug the USB cable, and go back into FIFA 21 with one, or both controllers using Bluetooth, the problem seems to be solved for both controllers. I have tested it several times, and it seems that both controllers work normally in Bluetooth mode, and the erratic menu issue is gone. 

Message 6 of 11 (4,647 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Worked perfectly for me. Thank you very much!

Message 7 of 11 (2,376 Views)

Re: Issue with Xbox X controllerhttps://answers.ea.com/t5/forums/replypage on PC

Community Manager

Hey all, when seeing this issue using Bluetooth are you using the systems built in Bluetooth or the official Xbox dongle?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 11 (2,357 Views)

Re: Issue with Xbox X controllerhttps://answers.ea.com/t5/forums/replypage on PC

★★★★★ Newbie

In my case I use the system's built bluetooth. The gamepad works fine with all the other games, except FIFA. I've read from people trying the FIFA 2022 beta, on microsoft forums, that the problem persists. I will not buy it untill I know the problem's been fixed.

Message 9 of 11 (2,260 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @fmonteirom for issues such as this I would recommend speaking with Xbox support. 

If using your systems built-in Bluetooth then you may need to reach out to them for advice.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 10 of 11 (2,186 Views)
Twitter Stream

ea-dualentitle-promo-splash

Upgrade to a next gen console

Have a physical game disc for FIFA 21 but bought a discless console? Use our webform.

View more on EA Help

fifa21-promo2

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help