Issue with Apex Legends voice chat

by I_FreeMetal_I

Original Post

Re: Issue with Apex Legends voice chat

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent I just tried doing what you advised and apparently there is no remarkable changes .. Are you aware if anyone has ever found a solution to this issue ?

Thanks anyway for your help so far ! Standard smile
Message 11 of 32 (1,605 Views)

Community Manager

@I_FreeMetal_I 

What's happening if you don't run ICUE after you reinstalled the Windows sound drivers? Are you still not hearing any sound at all? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 12 of 32 (1,574 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I definitely do have sound but it feels like the headset went from 7.1 to stereo mode, everything sound .. flat....

Message 13 of 32 (1,540 Views)

Community Manager

@I_FreeMetal_I 

Gotcha. That's most likely because ICUE is replicating surround sound channels that Windows isn't. 

Does ICUE let you adjust channel volume individually in your profiles? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 14 of 32 (1,517 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, i can change various channels.

This is a picture found on Internet showing what it looks like. The "Default" profile i tried on Apex legends is set to 0 dB on every channels ..

Sans titre.png

Message 15 of 32 (1,496 Views)

Community Manager

@I_FreeMetal_I 

Does it give you any sort of digital surround sound or 3D audio options in ICUE? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 16 of 32 (1,461 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent Yes there is a surround option. I think it is enabled by default and is mostly what enhance the audio. Do you think Apex is somewhat not compatible with this option ?
Message 17 of 32 (1,443 Views)

Community Manager

@I_FreeMetal_I 

I'm not sure, but what you're describing sounds like audio is trying to go through channels that may not actually exist. Have you tried disabling the surround options in ICUE to test and see if that makes any difference at all? That should at least eliminate the surround sound channels as a possible culprit for the sound issues. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 18 of 32 (1,423 Views)

★★ Novice
@I_FreeMetal_I me too bro i used corsair hs50 and now im using a gamdias * same issue in both of my headphones. not comparing but i can hear people clearly in many other online games than apex . it may be because the gun sounds or the environmental sounds are much higher than other ppls ingame voice . toning down the environmental sound bar (forgot its name ) helped me hear my teammates but at the cost of hearing useful sounds like people fighting a certain area of a map ( 150±m away from me )
Message 19 of 32 (1,312 Views)

★★★ Newbie

has there been a fix for this? Also having an issue, can't hear in game voice chat well. Max Volume is like below 30%, everything else like sound effects is below 10% if on at all and still cant hear them. When the game first opens and has the like EA logo and sound that nearly blows my ear drums

Message 20 of 32 (1,258 Views)