Is there an official process for changing the age of your account?

by RoRoRoRoRoR

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is there an official process for changing the age of your account?

★★★ Newbie
I've done some searching but can't see any specific steps to change my account so that I can change my in game name and access guild chat functions.

Is there a thread that I missed? Is it possible for EA to change my account directly if I provide my player ID?

This seems to be a technical issue for lots of people but I haven't found a solution yet that doesn't involve a suggestion of just starting over...

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 8 (643 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Is there an official process for changing the age of your account?

Community Manager

@RoRoRoRoRoR Unfortunately it is not possible for us to change the age on your GoH account once you enter it. I will pass your feedback on in relation to the issue. 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (906 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
Is it possible to for me to create a new account linked to a brand new Apple ID (game center account), with an over 18 age, and then have someone from EA swap the account data across (in order to not lose progress on character development)?

Something like what is described here:
https://help.ea.com/en-tr/help/star-wars/star-wars-galaxy-heroes/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-move-acc... ?

Would that be a viable workaround?
Message 2 of 8 (610 Views)

Community Manager

@RoRoRoRoRoR Unfortunately it is not possible for us to change the age on your GoH account once you enter it. I will pass your feedback on in relation to the issue. 

Darko.png
Message 3 of 8 (907 Views)

★★ Novice
There is no way for EA support to change the age on the account. I have been trying for months to get the issue resolved and finally got in contact with someone from customer relations and told there aren’t enough people complaining of this issue for it to be a priority. Hopefully if more people open tickets with EA Help they will take this seriously.
The only options are to start a new account and see if they will make an exception and move your content to the new account, but you will possibly have to switch platforms or create a separate Apple ID depending on what device you are using.
Message 4 of 8 (577 Views)

My Account is Under-age

★★★ Newbie
My Account is under-age! I am not though. Please could you change the age on my account?
Message 5 of 8 (499 Views)

Re: My Account is Under-age

Community Manager

@StitchagoFTW Unfortunately it is not possible for us to change the age on your GoH account once you enter it.

Darko.png
Message 6 of 8 (417 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I need to change the age on my account as well. If EA wants to make this possible they can. Losing 3 Billion in Stock value after their Battlefront 2 blunder should be motivation. I have seen multiple complaints and threads for well over a year. Please make this happen.
Message 7 of 8 (393 Views)

Community Manager

@The_RKL Unfortunately it is not possible for us to change the age on your GoH account once you enter it.

I am locking this thread as it has run its course. I will pass all your feedback onto the studio.

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (379 Views)