Is it possible to get passed level 50 in SWTOR with a free to play character?

by athenken

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is it possible to get passed level 50 in SWTOR with a free to play character?

★★★ Newbie

I have recently reached level 50 while playing with a free to play character, but even though I am able to earn experience points I am pretty much stuck at Level 50.  I am currently on Balmorra which has an average level of 33.

Message 1 of 13 (23,467 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Is it possible to get passed level 50 in SWTOR with a free to play character

★★★ Apprentice

Sorry, the level cap for PREFERED AND FREE TO PLAY IS 50, no matter the level of the planet. The xp you gain is saved....but you won't be able to level up unless you subscribe.

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (29,162 Views)

All Replies

Re: Is it possible to get passed level 50 in SWTOR with a free to play character

★★★ Apprentice

Sorry, the level cap for PREFERED AND FREE TO PLAY IS 50, no matter the level of the planet. The xp you gain is saved....but you won't be able to level up unless you subscribe.

Message 2 of 13 (29,163 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was afraid of that.  I guess I will be taking a break for a while then.  Would have liked to continue on, but I really can't justify the subscription fee.

Message 3 of 13 (23,456 Views)

Hero

@athenken As far as I'm aware, just subscribing for a month will allow you to level past 50 as well as give you access to the expansions (which you will retain after the sub runs out). Seems like a good choice for those only interested in the story. Standard smile 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 13 (23,451 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah, but if I let the subscription run out will I be frozen at whatever level I had attained at that point?  I would imagine EA games would have thought of this.

Message 5 of 13 (23,441 Views)

[ Edited ]

@athenken

Once you have subscribed for 30 days you can continue to level to 70 and access all the expansions to KOTET the only thing I believe you cant access is the galactic command after the sub ends

Ie even after your sub stops if you create a new character you can level to 70 and play all the currently released expansions

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 6 of 13 (23,436 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is 70 the highest level in the game?

Message 7 of 13 (23,409 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

yes 70 is cap for now.

Message 8 of 13 (23,407 Views)

★★★ Novice

F2P=Level 50

Preferred=Level 65 (For me for some reason)

Subscriber=Limitless

Message 9 of 13 (23,390 Views)

Hero

@Ian_DAFUQ

Preferred What ever the max Level was as they last Subscribed or 55/ 60 if they bought Makeb/ SoR.

I don't work for EA/ BW, I'm only another player.

My Swtor referall Link
Message 10 of 13 (23,384 Views)