Re: Is BF5 still poorly optimized (PC)? (As of October 2019)

by GUTENTAAAAG

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is BF5 still poorly optimized (PC)? (As of October 2019)

★★★★ Novice

I have a Lenovo Cube that has a Core i5 7400, 16GB RAM, RX 480 8gb GPU spec sheet. It runs most games today quite well...except for some of the CPU intensive big world Ubi games. I've been trying to get BF5 to run smoothly on this for a while now but no dice. I finally had to settle for putting it to Max Fidelity which I think put the settings to Low. I'm finally getting 75 frames...enough to be in sync with my monitor refresh rate (75hz). But is it just me? BF1 runs beautifully on the same machine. 

Message 1 of 13 (2,577 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Atic I should have checked the required specs! Luckily my brother who lives with me has an HP Omen that has a 8700K 6-core and a GTX 1080Ti so I can continue to play on that Standard smile

View in thread

Message 9 of 13 (2,439 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

You probably have a CPU bottleneck. 4 cores with 4 threads just doesn't cut it.

cpu.png

Message 2 of 13 (2,546 Views)

★★★ Guide
@SpectreRobin01 as told by @GUTENTAAAAG your pc isn't top notch and will suffer major fps drops with the latest updates. I hope in more effective AMD GPU drivers (but having also a better cpu will help a lot)

cheers mate
Message 3 of 13 (2,527 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's astonishing that even a quad core isn't enough for this game lol. It runs BF1 on ultra...and BF5 is essentially the exact same game too! Ah well. Lesson learnt. 

Message 4 of 13 (2,510 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@OttoVP Are the new updates increasing the hardware requirements? Shouldn't it be the other way around...usually patches make the game run smoother on all hardware.
Message 5 of 13 (2,509 Views)

★★★ Guide
@SpectreRobin01 i do fully agree. sometimes a mixture with os upgrades + gpu driver release make games run like hell. More DLC and content may increase your system load but in mere terms of fps (which is the whole point of system requirements Standard smile).
I noticed this major fps drop too sadly
Message 6 of 13 (2,500 Views)

EA DICE Team

BFV uses a lot of CPU and something that Battlefield games in-general notorious to do. @SpectreRobin01 

One of the reasons to why the recommended spec is an i7 4790  and if you are using DXR its all the latest hardware. 

/Atic 

Message 7 of 13 (2,454 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@OttoVP And I found out that I can't upgrade the processor in my computer to anything 6-core either Frown Oh Well. I guess I'll have to stick to Max Fidelity lol
Message 8 of 13 (2,442 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Atic I should have checked the required specs! Luckily my brother who lives with me has an HP Omen that has a 8700K 6-core and a GTX 1080Ti so I can continue to play on that Standard smile
Message 9 of 13 (2,440 Views)

★★★ Guide
@SpectreRobin01 hi sad to hear that but happy you are still able to play your game on your pc and your brothers' one!
let's mark this question solved then and if you want give some xp! Standard smile
cheers mate
see you on the battlefield!
Message 10 of 13 (2,435 Views)