Re: Invisible on steam

by loli010

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

Yup. The issue is still persistent. The Steam client ignores all the status/privacy setttings.

Message 11 of 27 (2,468 Views)

Community Manager
@costsnothing Any update went out today meant to address issue's that recently were reported, can you confirm if this is still happening?

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 12 of 27 (2,449 Views)

★★ Apprentice

glad to hear that we are getting the update. I am going to check it later tonight.

Message 13 of 27 (2,436 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@EA_Illium It seems the issue still presents as usual. :/

Message 14 of 27 (2,417 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Looking forward to play the upcoming season 8 and I am really appreciated for all the work being done.

I also hope that we could finally see the light on the issue!

Message 15 of 27 (2,351 Views)

★ Novice

So I'm also having this issue as does probably anyone who plays Apex on steam.

Speaking of quality of life updates this should be one.

Is this issue being adressed on EA/Respawn's side? Clearly it's been an issue for a while at this point.

Godspeed

//Paying customer

Message 16 of 27 (2,008 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here.

This is REALLY annoying me.

Message 17 of 27 (1,844 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic is this real? This issue is opened for almost 6 months, and still no ETA, no answer, just: "Is this still happening?"?

I live in UE and I want my customer's rights to be applied. I want my privacy rights!

Don't you actually understand that what you are doing is like: You bought a car from Volkswagen? Yeah! Great! Now any friend in your contact list that can be found through your Bluetooth-connected phone will receive a notification or see your status anytime you're driving. Is this real? You MUST admit it would annoy you. so you MUST admit it is annoying us that all of our friends see our online status (or worse, receive a "hey, your friend is online" notification while watching a movie on XboX), even if we don't want them to. JUST because WHAT?? "Because YOU customer decided to play Apex through Steam"?... Hey, I didn't get warned about that, right?

I'll contact the french DGCCRF & CNIL organizations in the incoming weeks if I don't get a clear answer and update about this, in order to get information about the better and faster way to get my customer's rights to be applied.

Regards.

Message 18 of 27 (1,840 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@28ToM47 so did you call them?
Message 19 of 27 (1,572 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

LMAO

After a year

this annoying problem is still not solved

me playing solo with Origin in offline mode and my friends just keep msg me saying why don't play with them because they can fxcking just see me on Steam

and also I'm offline on Origin, the club page still keep record me get top 1 top 3 top 5, and my club friends msg me again (and you will be shown as online in club page too)

Message 20 of 27 (1,308 Views)