Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Invisible Email

by Player_ib2shfpk

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
Yes I do. I tried to show that in the video. Maybe I don't do it well enough. But I have checked on the strike teams possibility. I think you're correct about choices and emails based on those choices. I've beaten the game now and I may be wrong I hope someone else can confirm: the bug goes away if I keep an old email in the main terminal screen. Edit concerning Strike Teams: I never had this issue even after my first strike team console check. I don't think this is connected to Strike teams. But I suppose it's possible that it is a after 1.5 peripherally.
Message 21 of 30 (189 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Toastbre4 can you possibly do a video screen capture?
Message 22 of 30 (186 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Can anyone confirm that this is happening on Disk Versions of the game? I've found a few other bug reports on this email issue but they seem to all be digital based versions.
Message 23 of 30 (177 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I meant does it when all strike teams are deployed or none exist.  I just tried loading into my game while disconnected from the network and SAM has stopped bugging me so that does seem to check out.  Acknowledge button bug still there though so it looks like those are the two issues that aren't related.  I guess a workaround would be to play disconnected from the network and only connect to check your strike teams, grab the loot, and save.  It's a whole lot more loading for doing the strike team stuff but it shuts SAM up good.

Message 24 of 30 (170 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Also, while the OP bug is happening for me SAM also prompts me about new vidcalls every time I go upstairs (which started after the first time I got a vidcall after the new patch)

Message 25 of 30 (168 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
Dysfunkt. Try the precious /edit previous/ post idea and d/c from Internet and see if that stops. I will try when I get home. It may be server related, somehow?
Message 26 of 30 (166 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Actually a force quit and full restart solved the vidcall notifications (not the email ones) so that also wasn't related.  Also tried keeping old mail unarchived then force quitting and restarting but SAM's insistence on new emails persists.  However, the prompt doesn't occur on the bridge anymore, only in the research room (like Strike Team notifications should).  So I think there were two bugs going on, one in memory which wasn't clearing whatever flag makes SAM notify you of new emails/vidcalls (even after zoning or reloading games), then the audio glitch in the research room.  I guess three bugs if you count the acknowledge prompt one as well (which also persists when a mail terminal is accessed while the inbox is empty, but isn't nearly as annoying).  I guess in terms of the first bug it's important to remember that on new consoles (or at least the xbone) the games don't actually fully shut down unless you force quit or play a different game (even when the console is "off").

Message 27 of 30 (151 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Yeah, every time I go into the research area of the ship, I get the emails audio callout from SAM. However, when I sent out all my Strike Teams, I stopped getting the email callout - which then made me realize I was not getting the Strike Teams callout. As another user mentioned, there seems to be a callout issue where it's saying I have emails instead of actually having Strike Teams available.

Sending Strike Teams out makes the email callout stop. After Debriefing the Strike Teams, the email callout starts again - this confirms the theory that the email callout is replacing the Strike Team one for some reason. To avoid the constant email notifications when you don't actually have any, make sure to keep all your Strike Teams active and don't debrief them.

Unfortunately (or not?), this also means that when you *do* have email, it appears you don't get notified by SAM. 

Message 28 of 30 (145 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Same here. As earlier poster I'm concerned I'm getting emails I'm not seeing rather than an audio bug of SAM saying it. Had NO emails since the patch which makes me fear the former.

Message 29 of 30 (122 Views)

★★★ Novice
I can't pin down when it started either but yeah, I definitely have this bug. Every time I enter the research/buy/sell area on the Tempest, SAM tells me I have new email. I check it in my quarters, on the bridge, nada. I've mostly been doing random side questions but I did complete the asteroid for Vetra's loyalty mission and started on Elaaden. I'm sure something here would have triggered an email.
Message 30 of 30 (93 Views)
Twitter Stream