Invert X-Axis Squad

by DaSilvaC__07

Original Post

Re: Invert X-Axis Required on Console

★★★ Novice
I really mean x-axis, a long long not so long time ago both axis inverted were the standard.
Message 11 of 17 (1,397 Views)

Re: Invert X-Axis Squad

★ Novice

Yea this just * on my opening experience. Why no x axis invert?

Message 12 of 17 (1,356 Views)

★ Novice

Exactly. And it's such a simple thing to implement. I know they're swamped with issues right now, but come on - it's like two lines of code lol

Message 13 of 17 (1,337 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Think of it like being left-handed. People are just wired up differently. I always thought I didn't like video games until my husband figured out that I need the X-axis inverted. Suddenly, I wasn't fighting the controls and I could look where I was going rather than spending all my energy very carefully and deliberately driving my character through the world only to wind up upside down, backwards, and usually dead within seconds of encountering any kind of combat situation. Sound enjoyable? But when I can invert the X-axis, I can just play. You know, for fun?

Unfortunately, the invert X option isn't available at the system level on any console and it's left out of the options for most games. Seems like an easy enough thing to include. I don't understand why it's not. Seems like leaving money on the table to me. I, and everyone else in the same boat (if you look, you'll find that there are plenty of us), would buy a lot more games if we could be certain we'd be able to play them rather than risking throwing $40-$70 right down the drain.

Also, if you look around at the boards, you'll find a lot of hate directed at us "freaks" for not being "normal." You'll see lots of arguments about which way is "right" and why. Personally, I could not possibly care less whether the control configuration that works for me seems weird to anyone else. I just want to play, and it bums me out that I often can't. I know that was kind of long-winded. I hope it answered your question.

Message 14 of 17 (1,283 Views)

★★ Novice

August 2020 and still no x-axis inversion setting Frown

We just bought Anthem on the PSN and it's such a let down to not be able to play this game confortably.

Message 15 of 17 (1,173 Views)

@Cizique  I'm surprised the devs didn't look at that, it seems simple enough to implement but maybe I'm wrong there.

It's a pity to not to be able to play the game normally....it would be impossible for me without Y axes inverted so I hope you get what you need or at least an explanation why it's not done that isn't because you're a minority.

- Carpe diem and enjoy your game -

Just a normal gamer trying to help – not working for EA

Message 16 of 17 (1,146 Views)

★★ Novice

it's 2021 and we still dont have invert x axis Frown

Message 17 of 17 (903 Views)