Invalid account

by CaptainHugeD1ck

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Invalid account

★★★ Newbie

I try to connect but I get an error telling me my account is invalid every time.

Message 1 of 17 (396,913 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Invalid account

★★★ Newbie
logan from @eahelp on twitter just helped me. my problem is solved

View in thread

Message 11 of 17 (435,305 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

@CaptainHugeD1ck could you please tell us if you are playing on an under-aged account as well as on which platform you are playing?

Cheers
Basti

Message 2 of 17 (396,766 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am pretty sure my account is not underage as I've had it for a long time now, but I dont know how to check if it is. Gamertag is ZACHM0 and I am playing on Xbox One.

Message 3 of 17 (396,755 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I get the same *, My box is adult only, I can sign into my ea account online through PC. I never gave account info for this game to access ea online. So how can it say my account is invalid? it then says go to help.ea.com and there is nothing there to help with this issue. I am returning the game today as it has wasted hours of my time. 

Message 4 of 17 (396,699 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

OK, so here is the fix for this issue. I was having the same problem "invalid account contact EA" . You need to go to profile.ea.com, log in with you information (same as orgin). once in check to see if your persona is selected for you PSN account, probably the same for XBox. If nothing is selected then select the one for you system. Restart your game and you should be good. BTW I had to do this with Firefox. Their webpage would not load for me in chrome, chrome canary, or IE. GOOD LUCK!!

Message 5 of 17 (396,665 Views)

★ Apprentice

I know exactly what is causing my issue, I signed in with the wrong account and it associated my Gamer Tag with that account.

I called to have that account deleted and they deleted just the email address. My gamer tag still exists in the Anthem servers as being associated with that email address so when their server looks up my gamer tag,  and checks the email address to see of it's an EA account, it gets an error and says my account is invalid.

Before that I could play but just HAD to be picky and want my correct EA account, with all of my games, associated with my new game.

I've called and spoken with them 6 times, spent several hours in queues for chats with them, and overall wasted my life asking them when it will be done .They continue to tell me that it's "another team" that handles the deletion requests and they "don't know" when it will be done.

It's been over a week now. EA is a joke.

Message 6 of 17 (392,590 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It has been over four weeks for me.  I also need my previous EA child account deleted so that I can re-associate my Xbox profile with the new EA Account I created.  I have a opened a case and call back every weeks and get the same answer as well "a different group handles account deletions and we can't speak with them or get details from them, please wait longer".  I asked how long I should wait, 4 more weeks, 4 months, 4 years.....The EA representative said that he could not say.  He couldn't give me a realistic timeline when I can expect the account to be deleted and the case I opened has absolutely no updated from the group that is supposed to be handling the account deletion.  In short I can't get an update, I have waited over 4 weeks, and no one at EA Help can tell me hoe long I should wait.  Meanwhile I cannot play any of my EA Games online ( I have 4 of them).  This is beyond unfair.  It is unprofessional.  I opened a case, reported my issue, and was told that the solution is simply to have my EA account deleted so that my Xbox profile can re-associate with my new EA account, but 4 weeks later no closer to being able to play and no real support from EA on the issue, not even an update or expectation when it will be resolved.

Message 7 of 17 (392,565 Views)

★ Apprentice

So it's a grim prospect for me as well then, excellent. It would take a total of 30 seconds for them to verify total deletion across all servers. I've done database management in my career. It's not hard. It's not even time consuming. It's literally searching for a name and then deleting the rows that associate with it from the database.

If someone files a class action lawsuits against them I'm jumping on that so fast. This is insanity.

Message 8 of 17 (392,657 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i am now sitting with the same issue, this account is invalid. ea doesnt even call to my country. chats have been of no help at all. now i cant play what i want to play. has there been no response or resolution yet?

Message 9 of 17 (392,264 Views)

★ Apprentice

Nope. They still haven't fixed it over a month later.

Message 10 of 17 (392,255 Views)