Re: Invalid License Error 0x7E

by bagthesnoot

Original Post

Invalid License Error 0x7E

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello, I've just downloaded Battlefront 2 using Origin, and an error message popped up. Whatever the problem is, it seems to be preventing me from playing the game.

The error message is:

Invalid license. Reason code = missing DLL: [api-ms-win-crt-convert-I 1-1-0.dll] 

Error: 0x7E.

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 10 (1,287 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey, @bagthesnoot make sure that all drivers for windows are up to date, also worth to reinstall the GPU drivers for your PC.

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Star Wars: Battlefront 2 and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 2 of 10 (1,217 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thanks @EA_Atic I've attached my dxdiag. 

Will try updating drivers, clean boot, etc

I also tried launching the game again and this time it asked me to enter a product key, or sign in again. After I signed in again it gave me the same error message as before.

Message 3 of 10 (1,196 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Looking at that Dxdiag you are missing a GPU. You need a dedicated GPU in order to play and your CPU is below the minimum requirements for the game. The minimum requirements are below. @bagthesnoot 

Minimum Requirements

Spoiler

Processor (AMD): AMD FX 6350
Processor (Intel): Intel Core i5 6600K
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon™ HD 7850 2GB
Graphics card (NVIDIA): NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 660 2GB
DirectX: 11 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
Hard-drive space: 60GB

/Atic 

Message 4 of 10 (1,168 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Atic I have a GTX660M. Is that not a dedicated GPU? Or did it not show up in the Dxdiag?

And I know that both the 660M and my CPU are below the minimum requirements, but I had hoped that I might still be able to play the game at lowest settings even if at low FPS, because I'd seen some youtube videos of people claiming to be playing with the 660M. Would you say that is an unrealistic hope?

It also seemed like the error message was unrelated to my specs being a little low. Could it really have been triggered simply by not meeting the minimum reqs?

Message 5 of 10 (1,154 Views)

EA DICE Team

Interesting your Dxdiag did not pick up the GTX660M. @bagthesnoot 

Could you reinstall the Drivers for the GPU.

Also I assume you area using a laptop? 

/Atic 

Message 6 of 10 (1,114 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Atic I need help im having the same issue but its to do with the 0x7E problem ive downloaded and reinstalled c++ ive cleared the cache of origin what else can i do to fix this?
Message 7 of 10 (1,066 Views)

Error 0x7E

★ Novice

I am having trouble with star wars battlefront 2 i kjeep getting this error message linked in the attachment amd ive downloaded c++ and ive cleared the origin cache but nothing has worked please someone find a fix

Message 8 of 10 (1,068 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Atic I've reinstalled the drivers for my GPU, and also uninstalled GeForce Experience. Attached is a new DxDiag file. I am using a laptop. 

I think it is possible that my computer only uses the Nvidia GPU when necessary--could that be why my DxDiag doesn't pick it up?

Thank you again for your help.

Message 9 of 10 (965 Views)

EA DICE Team
@bagthesnoot The GPU still don't show up. Can you try a new windows account with Admin powers and see if the same problem is there.

The Dxdiag should see all hardware and drivers at all times.

/Atic
Message 10 of 10 (915 Views)