Original Post

Accepted Solution

Intro playing at every launch

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Things I've tried:
-Disabled Controlled Folder Access
-Reinstalled Origin & Battlefield 5
-Removed _tmp extension from PROFSAVE_tmp file, it just creates a new PROFSAVE_tmp when i start the game, so this literally does nothing...
-Disabled Cloud Storage Saves

Edit 1: I also tried changing the values of ShownPrologueIntro to 0 and then setting the file to Read Only, but the config file just ignores that and disables the Read Only check anyway.

So i've literally tried every solution there is, I don't know what else to do.

Edit 2:
So now the PROFSAVE_tmp file finally stopped popping up after i deleted it, but my game is even more broken now...
I just played through the intro again and all of my settings are reset and I "didn't have connection to EA servers" (screenshot)

Message 1 of 4 (102 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Intro playing at every launch

Community Manager

@PERMATRlP 

Check out this solution which involves some Windows security adjustments.

Do you have a special non-English character in your Windows user account?

Let us know if this helps.

/Blueberry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey that was a great reply. Good stuff. What now? Give them +XP to help level them up!
Did their response fix it? Mark it as a solution so it helps others!
Want to learn more on how to level up and becoming a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (77 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@PERMATRlP 

Check out this solution which involves some Windows security adjustments.

Do you have a special non-English character in your Windows user account?

Let us know if this helps.

/Blueberry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey that was a great reply. Good stuff. What now? Give them +XP to help level them up!
Did their response fix it? Mark it as a solution so it helps others!
Want to learn more on how to level up and becoming a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 4 (78 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No, I don't have any special characters in my name really, my path to battlefield looks like this: C:\Users\£\Documents\Battlefield V
I assume the £ symbol shouldn't be causing the problem though? This doesn't cause any issue in any other game, all my other games run perfectly fine (100+ steam games that i tested)

btw, all the other issues are fixed now, but the intro still plays at every launch, do you think it could really be because my PC is named "£"? I will try changing it then i guess...

Message 3 of 4 (70 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Okay, so I finally fixed it by changing my Windows user account name to a name without special characters.
I really didn't realise that the pound symbol in my name could do that since no other game i ever played had this issue...
Thank you and i hope you have a wonderful day @EA_Blueberry

Message 4 of 4 (46 Views)

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help