Original Post

Accepted Solution

Intro playing at every launch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Things I've tried:
-Disabled Controlled Folder Access
-Reinstalled Origin & Battlefield 5
-Removed _tmp extension from PROFSAVE_tmp file, it just creates a new PROFSAVE_tmp when i start the game, so this literally does nothing...
-Disabled Cloud Storage Saves

Edit 1: I also tried changing the values of ShownPrologueIntro to 0 and then setting the file to Read Only, but the config file just ignores that and disables the Read Only check anyway.

So i've literally tried every solution there is, I don't know what else to do.

Edit 2:
So now the PROFSAVE_tmp file finally stopped popping up after i deleted it, but my game is even more broken now...
I just played through the intro again and all of my settings are reset and I "didn't have connection to EA servers" (screenshot)

Message 1 of 4 (403 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Intro playing at every launch

Community Manager

@PERMATRlP 

Check out this solution which involves some Windows security adjustments.

Do you have a special non-English character in your Windows user account?

Let us know if this helps.

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (378 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@PERMATRlP 

Check out this solution which involves some Windows security adjustments.

Do you have a special non-English character in your Windows user account?

Let us know if this helps.

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 4 (379 Views)

★★★ Novice

No, I don't have any special characters in my name really, my path to battlefield looks like this: C:\Users\£\Documents\Battlefield V
I assume the £ symbol shouldn't be causing the problem though? This doesn't cause any issue in any other game, all my other games run perfectly fine (100+ steam games that i tested)

btw, all the other issues are fixed now, but the intro still plays at every launch, do you think it could really be because my PC is named "£"? I will try changing it then i guess...

Message 3 of 4 (371 Views)

★★★ Novice

Okay, so I finally fixed it by changing my Windows user account name to a name without special characters.
I really didn't realise that the pound symbol in my name could do that since no other game i ever played had this issue...
Thank you and i hope you have a wonderful day @EA_Blueberry

Message 4 of 4 (347 Views)