Re: Internet is fine. High ping in Apex Legends

by DrAlien7

Original Post

★ Apprentice

Yeah it didn’t do anything. Looks like the PS4 servers are just trash. But what’s new.

It’s honestly a shame that I wasted my money on this game just to not be able to connect because of server issues. 

Anyway thank you for trying to help Kent! But I’m done trying to fix a problem that isn’t solvable. 

Pass a message along to your high ups though and tell them to fix their crappy servers for apex. Thanks and enjoy the rest of your day. 

Message 11 of 60 (8,003 Views)

★★ Guide
@EA_Kent ive tried this and it wouldn't connect to the internet. i get rubberbanding in 100% of my games now, the lobby screen gets 5 fps and i get red connection errors in all my games too. even at 2am. yet i have no problems with playing CoD or Doom online. just apex. I know you're not a developer at respawn Kent, and I'm sorry if we're sounding like a broken record, but at some point you have to admit the EA servers are messed up and it's not everyone's ISP Frown
Message 12 of 60 (7,979 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Kent Hello! I have the same problem on my PS5. I have 2-3 games with 39-50 ping and after that I have 1 game with ping 150 and jiggering character. It's unplayable in ranked. I have 300 mb/s speed and I have this problem only in Apex. May be it's a bug? Changing servers not helping.
Message 13 of 60 (7,940 Views)

★★ Novice

I’m having the same issue but on xbox, servers are saying 30-60ms then as soon as I drop in its immediately 120-150ms. Is there a similar fix to be done on Xbox as with PS4? 

Message 14 of 60 (7,720 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@KiwiDraws background task take inet speed / malware virus
Message 15 of 60 (7,718 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is constantly happening to me im usually between 30-50 ping bo packet loss then when i go in game at the beginning i get 400 ping and 40-60 packet loss this caused me to go from plat 1 to plat4 when i was close to diamond last split and my lobbie is laggy and when i ready up it says connecting to match but never puts me in one

Message 16 of 60 (7,714 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same here. i stopped playing apex because of this. garbage server

Message 17 of 60 (7,330 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this worked wonder for me

Message 18 of 60 (7,248 Views)

★★ Novice

what?? what worked wonders for you?

Message 19 of 60 (7,083 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This needs to be brought up especially after last weekends hack. I have seen this and disconnects since the beginning. Season 0. My ports are forwarded and I have my router configured properly. Btw before changing any settings read up on them. If you are unsure of dns settings go to dns benchmark and run the tool. My routers dns was faster and more stable than any other public offerings. Honestly after all this time I know the people who respond are getting sick of offering the same cookie cutter answers, though probably not as much as we are sick of rubberbanding and terrible connection games. Btw geographically speaking the servers with the lowest ping for me are further away from me. I live in Minnesota and St. Louis is the best ping 50-60 I can get.Iowa which has 4 servers are in the 80’s. Everything else is above 100. 

To recap the games servers and network are problematic, as shown last weekend. 

Message 20 of 60 (6,984 Views)