Instant action lag

by CT-2248

Original Post

Instant action lag

★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Everytime I want to play instant action its so laggy from the start and thats tilts me out of the game. It feels like a server or ms lag but my ping is good because I can play normally multiplayer battles I just cant find the reason why my instant action has those type of lags.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name?
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 06/10/2020
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
In what game mode did the bug occur? Arcade Mode
What is your time zone?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In instant action
What happens when the bug occurs? My character lags and its unplayeble
What do you expect to see?
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number amd a10-7800 radeon r7 12 compute cores 4c+8g

Its just dont make any sense for me like I have such type of lag in offline mode like internet lag but my multiplayer works well. Please help me!

Message 1 of 8 (2,521 Views)

Re: Instant action lag

★★★ Apprentice

exactly the same as you man
Message 2 of 8 (2,433 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hey, @VenomMarvel2004  @CT-2248 make sure that all drivers for windows are up to date. 

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with SWBF2 and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Worth to reinstall the GPU drivers for your PC.

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic
Message 3 of 8 (2,315 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just finished doing a complete Reinstall of Windows 10 on my Brother's Computer, reinstalling all Drivers to their latest, and the problem still persists. Game runs fine online, but Instant Action (tested on Supremacy & Mission Mode) completely stutters and lags to an unplayable state. No matter how much AI you set, it will always have this issue unless you literally set 0 AI (Setting just a mere 1 still causes the exact same problem). We've had this problem for months, searching online for solutions it seems that a number of people over the past 8 or so months have been reporting similarly in regard to Instant Action Lag / Stutter.

Reinstalled Windows from fresh, updated to latest Windows 10.
Installed to latest drivers.
Verified game files. Change Game Install Drive. Re-downloaded game. Disabled Origin overlay.

We're running out of possible solutions. Please can you give us a solution to this problem, or have it looked into & hopefully finally fixed?

Many Thanks

@EA_Atic 

Message 4 of 8 (2,255 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey there @Azeemotron  thanks for all details! 

Could you upload a dxdiag so we can see what hardware you are having. 

Also when playing how much of your hardware is 100% in task manger? 

/Atic 

Message 5 of 8 (2,161 Views)

★★ Novice

Was there by chance ever any follow up on this @EA_Atic@CT-2248? I am having the same issue, with lag only being an issue in Instant Action and not multiplayer.

Message 6 of 8 (1,948 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have the same issue. 

It says in singleplayer (only in instant action) I have bad connection. Are you just kidding Dice? 

https://www.speedtest.net/result/9845963366

(I know it is an old test, but the wifi is the same and the results very often the same. The server is 42.84 kms away from me (Szolnok).) 

Message 7 of 8 (1,889 Views)

★★ Novice

I was able to fix my lag by reducing the number of AI troopers. I think I had 32 on each side and I reduced to 15 each and now it runs fine. I wasn’t able to notice a big difference in the action even with that many fewer troops. 

Message 8 of 8 (1,867 Views)