Installing multiplayer stuck at 0% [PS4]

by s3duxn

Original Post

Installing multiplayer stuck at 0% [PS4]

★★★ Newbie

so, I wanted to boot up BF1 after BFV got a bit stale for me. After setting to download overnight on rest mode, I boot it up and on the main menu I see "installing multiplayer 0%". I give it an hour but no progress was made. So I decided to try and play Singleplayer, but apparently the content for that wasn't downloaded either. When I backed out of that however, I got hit with a black screen or just the background image with no menu. 

After a quick google search I discovered I wasn't the only one to encounter this, but never really discovered a good solution outside of deleting the application and rebuilding the database. As of now, I have deleted the application and set it to download again. In the hopes of the problem resolving itself.

PS4 is fairly old, but current on system software updates and the game is updated to latest version [1.27]

I have done some of the suggested troubleshooting:

- closing and restarting application

- eject and re-inserting the disc - PS4 spools up repeatedly and ultimately fails to read disc on occasion

- restarting the PS4

- Making 200 GB of extra hard drive space

I don't know what else I can do. I'll update when the download is complete [in about 8 hours, 1-1.3MB/s is painful]

Message 1 of 3 (527 Views)

Re: Installing multiplayer stuck at 0% [PS4]

★★★ Newbie

update: update downloaded, no change in circumstance. 

Message 2 of 3 (510 Views)

Re: Installing multiplayer stuck at 0% [PS4]

EA DICE Team
Thanks for the breakdown on what you have tried out @s3duxn. Standard smile 

Did you try to rebuild the PS4 database? If no it is something I suggest that you try out. 

/Atic 
Message 3 of 3 (433 Views)