Install stuck at 98%

by Kain_Ravenclaw

Original Post

Install stuck at 98%

★★ Novice

Hi

I've been downloading the new SWTOR expansion and the install seems to have stopped. This is the message on the bottom of my client:

"Installing Game Client 184   (98%) (1153.53KB/s)"

It has sat here for about a half hour now. Has this been normal for others or do I need to restart my client? Thanks Standard smile

Message 1 of 7 (5,170 Views)

Re: Install stuck at 98%

★★ Novice

After it didn't change for a while, I did restart the client by closing it through task manager. Thankfully it didnt redownload everything. However, it is still sitting at 98% for Game Client 184. Any suggestions as to what the problem might be or have I just been impatient. Its been on this for about an hour. 

Message 2 of 7 (5,142 Views)

★★ Novice

Same.  Started the download/install about 7 hours ago and sat down ready to play.  But...nope.  98%.

Message 3 of 7 (5,112 Views)

★★ Novice

Rebooted without killing the process.  It had to go through a repair cycle, but it finished up ok.  Must've just been a fluke.

Message 4 of 7 (5,104 Views)

★★ Novice

Ah! Very nice! I tried a few things like that but it didnt really help. I decided that while Im at work, I'll just do a fresh install and see if that does the trick. I guess I'll know in a few hours unless my internet went down. lol.

Message 5 of 7 (5,079 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Revalidate your firewall exclusions folks... Before you log in, honestly saves time and effort.

Message 6 of 7 (5,077 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It was this! thank you. It worked!

Message 7 of 7 (3,654 Views)