Instalation stops at 41%, because of corrupted DirectX

by Nimrae

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Instalation stops at 41%, because of corrupted DirectX

★★★ Newbie

Instalation stops at 41% because the game is not able to succesfully instal DirectX ... i installed them myself, it said good but the instalation wont progress there is no repair button or anything ... i just have to uninstall those 41% and try to install it again. But it does it again. I am trying to install the game last 20 or so hours ... and its allways the same ... 41% corrupted directx installation ... dont know what to do. Please help!

Message 1 of 10 (1,231 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Instalation stops at 41%, because of corrupted DirectX

Community Manager

@PhaylenHmm, I hope we don't give duplicate steps, perhaps if you list the steps support tried we can avoid this. 

In the meantime what i'd try is to (temporarily) disable your anti-virus, and restart Origin as administrator, then try again. 

Issues like this are often caused by permissions restrictions. Running Origin as administrator can often bypass this. However some anti-virus packages can block installs anyway, so disabling them as a test is a good way to check for this. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 10 (1,182 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I received the same error.  I chatted with tech support and tried many things but it still does not work.  Any help would be appreciated! 

Message 2 of 10 (1,173 Views)

Community Manager

@PhaylenHmm, I hope we don't give duplicate steps, perhaps if you list the steps support tried we can avoid this. 

In the meantime what i'd try is to (temporarily) disable your anti-virus, and restart Origin as administrator, then try again. 

Issues like this are often caused by permissions restrictions. Running Origin as administrator can often bypass this. However some anti-virus packages can block installs anyway, so disabling them as a test is a good way to check for this. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 10 (1,183 Views)

★★ Novice

Disabling All Antivirus etc. worked for me!

Message 4 of 10 (1,159 Views)

★★ Novice

Disabling All Antivirus etc. finally worked for me!

Message 5 of 10 (1,158 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you @Phaylen. Can I ask what anti-virus you use?

I don't think disabling it every time you install something should be necessary or viable, so perhaps you need to tweak some setting/restrictions on your AV in order to allow the installs to go through. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 10 (1,153 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. I've tried it without antivirus running, but it still doesn't work.

Message 7 of 10 (1,138 Views)

★ Novice

Just realized my problem is different. Its not the DirectX. The error says:

Error: The VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue. (1638)

Message 8 of 10 (1,135 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the update/clarification post. Can you try running the DXSETUP manually from Origin Games\Titanfall2\__Installer\directx\redist?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 10 (1,126 Views)

★ Novice
where is the anti virus
Message 10 of 10 (1,054 Views)