Input lag

by NommNom2

Original Post

Re: Input lag

Community Manager

Hi there, @HarlEem1985 

We'll need to go through some connection troubleshooting to see if that helps. Are you playing on a wired or wireless connection? Also, alternate DNS settings may help. Those instructions can be found here. If you don't see a difference, try the Google DNS servers. Those are: Primary alt number 8.8.8.8 - Secondary alt number 8.8.4.4.

@NommNom2 

Are you talking about my statement regarding Dolby Vision? Yes, that was new to me, but it doesn't mean I don't know anything about this game. The same goes for the controller overlay. That's been there for years and I haven't needed to use it yet. This was the first time. So, that's why it was brought to my attention. We ask for videos because once the game releases, we have a far higher amount of people playing the game than when it's being tested. New issues come up. We need to see what's happening so they can be reproduced on our end.

Aljo.png
Message 21 of 606 (1,175 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@EA_Aljolisten
you offer no help whatso ever.
and i cant stomach a game of this garbage to record it.

play the game on a level higher than rookie and youll see the issues with the game.

ai goalie stands on his head saves the most insane shots.
ai stands in front of goalie blocking most shots yet their goalie can see right through them catching pucks opposite side net when you cant even see the goalie.

ai team has atleast twice the speed and recovery time when hit.
puck travels through my players skates when ai team is passing.
when i pass it almost always bounces off ai skates OR MY OWN.
ai team poke checks literally like magnets take the puck
my poke checks just send it flying.

stick lift goes through ai stick doing nothing or giving penalty

you can come in on a breakaway and all of a sudden the puck floats away.

like do i need to go on?
fix this piece of *.

perfect passes missed completely.

going through menus click rb one time and listen to it register 2-3 clicks.

get a clue?

i mean my god man.
you think im the only one having these issues?

youre mindless.

Message 22 of 606 (1,161 Views)

Community Manager

@NommNom2 

I've been playing Squad Battles on Superstar and have been able to score with an 85 overall team. In my experience, AI players are not twice as fast when getting hit, pucks aren't clipping through skates, I've been able to find open lanes so I'm not hitting other players, poke checks are working on both sides, stick lifts haven't been an issue either. I understand we're having a different experience so If you could get us videos of the issues you're mentioning, we'll review them for any issues.

Aljo.png
Message 23 of 606 (1,153 Views)

★★ Apprentice

okay so i and thousands of other players are lying.
three other people said they have the same issues on this thread alone dude?

im going to upload clips tonight. no narration . no editing just pasted in. with the title DO NOT BUY NHL22.
because in all honesy what do i get from uploading these videos?

im telling you exactly whats happening unless you're suggesting im lying
what is the point of me uploading videos?

youre going to tell me its an internet problem which it isnt.
thats the only solution I've seen anyone make on this forum so far.

i went from being top 10-50 every week to not even wanting to finish a single game.

as far as your gameplay i have my doubts.
go ahead .
watch other peoples videos.
everyone on youtube says the best way to score this year are stupid shots from the point or slightly off center.
no need to pass no need to make plays.
just extort glitches.

anyway ill be uploading the video tonight.

not that it will make any difference you guys are literally useless.
you just pass customers back and forth between ea answers and ea support.
none of which do a thing.

Message 24 of 606 (1,150 Views)

Community Manager

@NommNom2 

I'll be off this weekend but will review your videos on Monday.

I'm not accusing you of lying at all. It's entirely possible we don't play the same way. This could be why I'm not experiencing the same issues you are. This is why video is so crucial.

As far as scoring goes, I've had very few from the points, but I also tend to cycle the puck and pull opposing players out of position until I can get a good shot off. I'm not taking a lot of shots from the points. I'll have to try this more and see what happens.

Thanks for gathering the videos. That's definitely appreciated. 

Aljo.png
Message 25 of 606 (1,148 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Aljo you really didn't even read my post, so disappointing. I'am pretty sure there's nothing wrong with my connection settings.

Message 26 of 606 (1,121 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@HarlEem1985 honestly sir.
whether they read it or not makes no difference.
they have the same answer for every question.

"you must have bad internet."
Message 27 of 606 (1,117 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm having this same issue..some games are fine but then some it feels like a half second delay between pressing the buttons and my players responding (this is in World of Chel EASHL) feels like my player is in quicksand.

It's not my intenet...I have 1 gig internet and ps5 is connected directly to my router and this is the only game this happens with.

Pretty diappointing that I paid $90 for this game and a max 12 player online experience is worse than a free game like Warzone where there are 150 other players...

Please figure it out, EA, this is pretty frustrating...I'm more than happy to have someone look at my routing while playing online or whatever else that would be needed to fix this.

Btw, I am located in Edmonton if that is relevant.

Message 28 of 606 (1,073 Views)

★ Guide

Same exact delay issue here. only happens it hut (i don't play 6's) if i play online versus which is peer to peer it plays perfect. I started a thread in the tech support section today and hope they get back to me. I literally have 2 separate internet services active at my house right now and its delayed with both. no chance it can be both of the having the issue. i ran a PingPlotter and monitored the connection while playing a rivals game and my hops 11-13 were losing between 28 and 72% of the packets. that is on the amazon web services side that ea uses for their servers. If I can't get this resolved ill be demanding a refund of the game and the 12000 ea points I bout for ultimate team packs.

Message 29 of 606 (1,061 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have to agree with all the other players that are having problems and DISAGREE with anything that EA claims right now.  These are NOT NEW problems either.  I'm going on year six or seven with all these aforementioned problems.  Every wire and piece of equipment has been replaced a few times over in this time period and Charter Spectrum has been here at least 10 times and has verified that there isn't anything wrong with my internet connection AT ALL.

So EA, how about you take it upon yourselves to figure out why PAYING customers have all these problems that YOU refuse to fix or address.

Message 30 of 606 (1,042 Views)