Original Post

Re: Input lag

★ Guide

El boogerman Xbox series x

Message 121 of 606 (475 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@EA_Aljo Posting again

- PS5 (playing PS4 edition so i can play with my friends)

- J_MO49

- wired connection directly to router

- Edmonton, Alberta (actually St. Albert but basically the same as Edmonton)

- Telus

-World of Chel (EASHL as well ones ones, threes)

Message 122 of 606 (475 Views)

★ Guide
  • Xbox Series X (Gamertag: Wizzywar)
  • Wired connection
  • Philadelphia, PA
  • Comcast
  • Input delay in all World of Chel modes (I don't play HUT)
Message 123 of 606 (468 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo Gamertag - Nathon
Message 124 of 606 (451 Views)

Community Manager

@Nohtan 

Can you give me a more specific region than North Central? A state or province would be great.

Aljo.png
Message 125 of 606 (446 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo Sorry, I'm located in Manitoba. Up north in a city called Thompson!
Message 126 of 606 (444 Views)

Community Manager

@Nohtan 

Thank you.

Aljo.png
Message 127 of 606 (441 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Fredbooger wrote:
@Confusion2000All it take is one bad hop to cause delay. If you take the IP address of it and go on the website who.it and put it in it will tell you who owns it and all the info about it. See if it’s an aws (Amazon web service) server. That’s who runs the game.

@Fredbooger @EA_Aljo I have included a current PingPlotter graph, and every hop that I have highlighted comes back as Amazon.com or Amazon Technologies.  I have also arrowed an interesting hop that actually shows an amount of packet loss (number 30).

Also, every time it pings it counts up.  If you notice hops 1-18 have 602 hits.  24-30 only hit 509 times.  After 30 it goes back up to 601 for the rest of the route.  Hops with 100% packet loss come back as 514 errors.  I don't know all the technical stuff that goes into how my console communicates with the servers, but why is there a section in the middle where it registers only 509 times instead of the 602 everywhere else?

Message 128 of 606 (408 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Aljo wrote:

This is currently being looked into. Some additional details will help with the investigation. Please submit the following:

• Console you play on 
  • Gamertag or PSN ID
  • Connection type (wireless or wired)
  • Region
  • Name of ISP
  • Mode(s) the lag is occurring in

Thank you. 

@EA_Aljo 

I have played this series on all available consoles at some point since NHL 07ish, and since NHL 15 I've had problems on every one of them.  For this year's game I have tried the 10-hour trial on Series X.

RedBull1973

Wired (have experimented with Wireless too)

Upper Michigan

Charter Spectrum (only one available here)

HUT (have also had issues in the past on EASHL)

Please refer to my previous post regarding my current traceroute via PingPlotter to 18.188.107.36.  This is the IP that my router indicates connection with when I play HUT.

Message 129 of 606 (403 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am having issues as well. The first week it seemed okay, some issues but not bad. I am wired and only play HUT and VS ONLINE, internet speed is 500/25 and ping 14. 

I was 32-12 on VS, and winning good in HUT. However, in the past couple weeks have experience extreme lag, choppy stop and go play, player flying on speed and then stop and fly around line it’s on fast forward play. It’s so bad I am now 33-35 online versus and have lost the past several hut games. When I lose I and losing  by 8-0, 11-0, and 40-10 shots. 

the players are not responding, they do not accept passes straight on, I cannot control them. I am skating and they just skate into my boards. 

this is not on my connection, my son plays “rust” on computer and has absolutely no input lag at all and it requires far more data to play. No game on ps4 or computer lags like nhl does. 

I complain and get the same response of connection issues. Which I’m sick of the generic quick question issues, are you wired, reboot this and that…., it is not our issues it’s on EA‘s side. 

something happened about 1-2 weeks ago and has made nhl unplayable. 

Ps4

newfieeee

wired

nashville tn

versus and HUT

THESE PROBLEM EXIST ON BOTH. 

my tv had been set the same way for couple years in game mode and it’s not that…. 

there is something up, EA won’t admit to it or fix it and the problem is worsening. 

I have read multiple posts, and keep seeing the same generic response that’s it’s isolated…. Isolated my A**….. 

I said I wouldn’t buy this game after the crap of last year? But , being addicted to hockey, I did… 

WHAT AN ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE MISTAKE!!!!

I am uploading my issues to YouTube and will put these links in…. But fix all your sports games EA, it’s not just USA, it’s the world wide…. FIFA is a dumpster fire too!!!!

Message 130 of 606 (353 Views)