Input lag feedback request

by EA_Aljo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Input lag feedback request

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hello, FIFA Fans!

We've received reports from many of you here on Answers HQ that you're experiencing input lag, catch-up lag, game slowness, and temporary freezing. We've been investigating this with the game team, but they still need some details from the community. Please see the message from the game team below.

Types Of Feedback

When you’re playing FIFA 22, and something doesn’t feel quite right when you are playing online via FIFA Game Data Centers, we want to hear about it. 

Here are the 4 categories of feedback we are looking for specifically:

Button Responsiveness - When you press a button and the desired action doesn’t play out as quickly as you think it should or maybe it doesn’t happen at all. Example: pressing the pass button but the pass takes a long time to happen.

Game Slowness - When the game feels like it's running at a slower speed than what you expect. You may have heard some people refer to this as “playing in mud” on social media. Example: You are used to having your FUT team perform at a certain speed and in this match, they feel like they are doing everything slower than they normally do. There is seemingly no visual impact, but you feel it being different than normal.

Temporary Freezing - When the game stops for a period of time but eventually continues. These stops can be short and long. You may have heard some people refer to this as micro-stutters or micro-pauses. Example: You see a very clear total pause in all visuals during a match for a short or long period of time, and then the match continues with no other noticeable impact.

Catch-Up Lag - When the game temporarily freezes or starts to visually slow down or stutter, but it then resumes at a faster speed than normal. You may have heard some people refer to this as speed-up lag. Example: You start to see the game slow down visually before it suddenly goes into fast forward for a few seconds, then it resumes normal speed after that.

Here’s what we need to process your feedback in the best way possible:

- Username (PSN ID/Gamertag)

- Platform

- FUT Online Mode

- Match start time (this is when you're in the lobby with the opponent) + time zone. (For example 14:23 GMT)

- Date

- Your overall Connection Quality Score number from the EA Connection Quality Report

- The EA CQR requires you to log in with the EA Account you’re playing on. Please ensure you are logging in with the correct account.

- A screenshot of the specific match details from the match you’re referring to, as shown in the Match History section of the EA Connection Quality Report. You can see a guide on how to use the Report here if you’re not sure.

- A clip of your experience (more on that in the sections below).

- Description of your experience/issue (try to be as detailed as you can).

Please ensure that you have enabled the Connection Monitoring setting found in-game.

• Go to the Customise tile
  • Enter Game Settings
  • Go to Visual section
  • Ensure Connection Monitoring is set to “Ping and Connection Indicators”

Please ensure that you have enabled the Input Overlay setting found in-game.

• Go to the Customise tile
  • Enter Game Settings
  • Go to Visual section
  • Ensure Input Overlay is set to “On: Local Input + Online Response”

Feedback Example

Please use this example as a template when giving feedback and fill out each section with your own details.

Username: abigclownshoe
Platform: PS4
Mode: Rivals
Time: 18:10 PDT
Date: May 26
Clip: [link to clip]
Overall Connection Quality Score: 95
Connection Quality match specifics: 70 ping, 3% packet loss, 1 jitter.

Description: Catch-up lag can be observed towards the end of the clip, starting around 9 seconds into the clip. The game is freezing in short bursts and seems to be running at different speeds than normal.

How To Record And Share Xbox One/Series X|S Clips

How to record clips:

https://support.xbox.com/help/friends-social-activity/share-socialize/capture-game-clips-and-screens...

When you record a clip, it is useful for us to see what happens leading up to and after the moment you are describing. So we recommend setting the ‘record what happened’ option to 2 minutes, and then trimming what’s not needed. We also recommend setting the maximum available quality for your clips.

How to set clip quality.

1. Open the Xbox guide by pressing the Xbox button on your controller.
  1. Navigate to your profile picture, scroll down to Settings and press ‘A’ on it.
  1. Navigate to Preferences then Capture and Share.

2. Set “game clip resolution” to 1080p if available, if not, 720 is the next best option.

How to trim and share clips:

1. Open the Xbox guide by pressing the Xbox button on your controller.
  1. Navigate right using the joystick/dpad to the Broadcast & Capture menu (the icon that looks like an arrow pointing up, it’s beside your profile picture).
  1. Select Recent Captures using the 'A' button.
  1. Select the clip you want to edit and share.

2. Select trim using 'A' on your controller, found in the more actions ellipses menu.

3. Use the left and right joystick to select the region of the game clip you want to keep.

4. You can preview your selection by hitting the 'A' button.

5. When you're done, hit the 'Y' button to save your clip.

Once you have trimmed your clip and saved it, you can select it and hit the share icon (arrow pointing up), then select One Drive. Your Xbox will now upload your clip. Sometimes, this can take a while, but you will eventually get a notification for when it is complete.

How To Get A Sharable Link For Your Clip

Once the clip has uploaded it, log into Microsoft OneDrive (https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/signin/) with your Xbox account credentials.

1. Open the Videos folder.
  1. Open the XBOX DVR folder. Your clips will be here. 
  1. Right click on the clip you want us to see, then click the “Copy Link” option. This is the link you will post when giving us your feedback on the #feedback channel.

How To Record And Share PS4 Clips

• Ensure your PSN account is linked with YouTube account
  • Go to Settings on main PS4 Dashboard
  • Navigate to Sharing and Broadcasts and select SHARE Button Control Type. Ensure Standard is selected.
    • Length of Video Clip
      • 3 minutes (you can select 1 minute if you find 3 min clips are too long)
    • Dimensions
      • 1920 x 1080
    • Video Clip Settings
  • While in-game and you just experienced an issue you wanted to capture, please do the following
    • Press SHARE button on your controller
    • Press “Square”
    • Go back to your match
  • After you finish your match, go to PS4 Dashboard
  • Go to Capture Gallery App
    • Select Unlisted
    • Select No One
    • FIFA 22 folder
    • You will see all your recent clips at the top
    • Select the clip you want to upload to YouTube
    • Press SHARE on your Controller
    • Select YouTube
    • Select Trim to capture the most relevant piece
    • Press OK
    • Scroll down to Privacy
    • Scroll down to PSN Audience
    • Press SHARE
  • Go to youtube.com on your PC or YouTube app on your phone
    • Go to Your Videos on the left side of the bar
    • Press on the desired video
    • Press SHARE below the video
    • Press COPY to copy the link

You can find more info here: https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/support/games/ps4-capture-gameplay-screenshots/ 

How To Record And Share PS5 Clips

• Ensure your PSN account is linked with YouTube account
  • Go to Settings gear icon on main PS5 Dashboard
  • Navigate to Captures and Broadcasts and select Video Clip Format.
    • 1920 x 1080
    • Dimensions
    • File Type: MP4
  • Go back to the previous menu and select Shortcuts For Create Button
    • Set the button mapping to standard
    • Set length of Video Clip to 3 minutes (you can select 1 minute if you find 3 min clips are too long)
  • While in-game and you just experienced an issue you wanted to capture, please do the following
    • Press the Create button on your controller (left of the touch pad)
    • Select Save Recent Gameplay (the icon on the left)
    • Save Short Clip
    • Select last 1 or 3 Minutes
    • Go back to your match
  • After you finish your match, go to PS5 Dashboard and enter your Game Library.
  • Go to the Media Gallery App
    • Select Unlisted
    • It might take a few minutes for the video to be uploaded to YouTube.
    • Albums
    • FIFA 22 folder
    • You will see all your recent clips at the top
    • Select the clip you want to upload to YouTube
    • Press the X button on your Controller
    • Press “down” on your Controller
    • Select share (the arrow icon) then YouTube
    • Scroll down to Privacy Settings
    • Press Upload
  • Go to youtube.com on your PC or YouTube app on your phone
    • Go to Your Videos on the left side of the bar
    • Press on the desired video
    • Press SHARE below the video
    • Press COPY to copy the link

You can find more info here: https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/support/games/capture-ps5-gameplay-screenshots 

Aljo.png
Message 1 of 1,120 (22,869 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Input lag feedback request

Community Manager

***Accepting as a solution for visibility purposes.***

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 1,120 (22,826 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

***Accepting as a solution for visibility purposes.***

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 1,120 (22,827 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA_Aljo hey man. The thread „ WTF is up with input delay“ is full of feedback. Please take that feedback and discuss it asap with the team 🙏🏻 we all are struggling to have fun with the game in it’s state right now..

merry Christmas to all of you who are celebrating  🎅🎄

Message 3 of 1,120 (22,784 Views)

★ Guide

Many ppl posted all informations and examples in the other thread mentioned above. Now they should do this again...I have the feeling you are just buying time.

Message 4 of 1,120 (22,758 Views)

Community Manager

@Berlusto @goozzee94 

We are trying to do a deeper investigation into this. Hopefully, we'll get some good details from everyone. The old thread was way too cluttered with toxic comments. It makes gathering data very difficult. If we can get some constructive posts with the requested feedback, we'll continue to investigate this.

Aljo.png
Message 5 of 1,120 (22,726 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_AljoWouldn't it be easier to use the ingame function in the pause menu of every game. You can already report there connection problems. Add some more information options there. The connection quality report can be linked also to the reported game.

In here you will have he same mess and toxic message again.

Further most ppl don't know about this place. So you won't get all data for a complete analysis.

The ingame report is the way to go in my opinion.

Message 6 of 1,120 (22,675 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Psn id: Valentino0302
Platform: PS5
Mode: Rivals, but it is the same in fut champions and friendlies
Time:21:45 GMT+1
Date: December 17
Clip: https://youtu.be/qWe4Q-IV1Lw
Overall Connection Quality Score: 90
Connection Quality match specifics: 

Photos down below 

Description:

Every game past two weeks is delayed. Players are turning slow, cant dribble, they are like trucks, they need one second to start running, ball is bouncing from them, everything is out of sync. My ping is stable, i am on wired connection. Game was responsive at the start but now it is unplayable. It is hard to see anything from the video. You need to play the game to feel the difference. Please fix this as soon as possible.

Message 7 of 1,120 (22,663 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I’ve been experiencing this type of gameplay literally since this game dropped. I want to say since fifa 21 but I’d rather focus on fifa 22, where I’ve been at a disadvantage for almost all the games I’ve played. 
my players are always 2 seconds behind the game pace, out of sync, literally dominated every game. I’m somehow in division 1 so I wouldn’t say I’m a bad player.

most of the matches i play, my players are ice skating on the pitch rather than running. I literally logged into a friend’s account to play games out of frustration from my own account and i promoted him to a new rank in division 1, but can’t seem to get up to two wins in a row on my account. My players literally intercept a pass only for the ball to power through their foot and get to the destination. Another major issue is how my players always get bodied in the most ridiculous way, and my players often end up falling over at every little thing. So many times I’m passing the ball and it takes forever for the player to swing his leg and ends up getting tackled. I’ve always been on a wired connection. My wifi is great. The game is heavy, and just somehow heavily disadvantaged against me. I honestly don’t know what else to do..

Message 8 of 1,120 (22,568 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team
@chiziim Can you please follow the instructions we posted in the first post? We DO want to hear about it but we need specific details noted on that post.
Message 9 of 1,120 (22,560 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team
@ValentinoKr Thank you, this is a good feedback example! The only other thing that would help is if you could pinpoint on the video where exactly you noticed "slow turns", "ball bouncing off" etc. etc.
Message 10 of 1,120 (22,559 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help