Re: Input Lag reduction ideas

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Input Lag reduction ideas

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I know most people know this and you can just ignore this post.

Somethings can be done to reduce your input lag and have a better gaming experience just by lowering your game settings and disabling few other settings. 

input lag reduction1.PNG

At the moment I'm playing around with the Texture Streaming Budget & Texture Filtering.

The only setting I have on high is Model Detail everything else off or disabled.

The game feels way more direct if played on low settings.

-Other options-

-Displays, more often TVs than monitors, there's usually a lower lag mode called "Game" mode that has less video processing, which causes less lag. Some monitors have such a feature too though.

-monitor settings

-turn of v sync off (in-game).

-A mouse’s polling rate is how often it reports its position to a computer. Polling rate is measured in Hz. If a mouse has a 125 Hz polling rate, it reports its position to the computer 125 times every second—or every 8 milliseconds. A 500 Hz rate means that the mouse is reporting its position to the computer every 2 milliseconds.

-Use raw mouse input (I would like this)

-Stable internet connection without drops.

-Use 144 Hz 1ms monitor might lead to a lower input lag even if the game runs on 60hz.

-The display's are an difficult issue, I don't understand it all.

Free-sync vs. G-Sync displays are confusing, so is the Input Lag they can introduce...

But if you set a target fps rate they wont activate anyway.

longlag.png

v-sync off saves some ms lag.

GPU input lag should also be down 50-60%

CPU input lag should be down too about 30-50%

How dose it feel after 3-4 games?

Message 1 of 2 (419 Views)

Re: Input Lag reduction ideas

Community Manager

@OneEyeYarric 

Thank you for sharing this with the community in an effort to help others have a better experience in game. I'm going to move your post over to the Technical Issues board for more visibility. 

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 2 (299 Views)