Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Dot.: Input Delay and Laggy Gameplay

by Eberyn

Original Post

Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

EA do not care as long as they get money. Go on a game of Battlefield V and view the pings of the players in the lobby. I can't remember the last game I had of BF5 that didn't have multiple 150ms+ ping players in the lobby with my 18ms. The reason I mention this is because EA put anyone and everyone in a lobby/match, ignoring the simple maths that shows it's a bad idea. I KEEP getting matched against spaniards (spain has infamously awful connection). The thing that really annoys me is I've done everything possible my end (wired connection, fibre optic, ps4 pro, nothing else running on my network), join a match, wait to see if the latency graphic moves, and it stays on fulll so I proceed. I then play a match of laggy crap where BASIC gameplay is near impossible, check my opponents profile after getting *, only to see he's spanish ..... if that is 5bar, great connection I'm guessing I could join a Japanese match on an EA game and still have 3bar, yellow connection!

Message 41 of 312 (1,146 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Seriously what do admins or authorized members in this forum do actually? İ cannot see any of them here? Maybe we need some "troubleshoot guide"? 

Message 42 of 312 (1,135 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

It's even worse when you consider EA is one of the largest gaming companies in the world yet as far as I know have no phone support, no online chat support, so your options are use these forums where their 'support' do not appear or email them and receive a template email in response.

Message 43 of 312 (1,127 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Well, then we have to find a solution. Things i tried already;

Set up dns = fail. 

Port forward = fail. 

Static ip = fail.

Wired connection = already have

Wired gamepad connection = fail.

Upnp settings = fail.

Delete profile = fail.

Anything else you've tried? 

Message 44 of 312 (1,124 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I’m also getting server death during games. Was annihilating a player, 2-0 up after 20 minutes, then all of a sudden my players slowed down and became rubbish.

im probably going to sell this while the price is still high, if EA won’t spend money on decent servers then I’ll drop the game for good.

I game to have fun, not to rage at silly passes, poor gameplay and what seems to be a fairly broken game. 

Many kind of answer from EA will be useful here. Kind of pointless having this forum if they ignore their customers. 

Message 45 of 312 (1,077 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Unfortunately still no answer. 

Message 46 of 312 (1,058 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

When game work ok, it is pleasure to play, now is ok, but i don't know is that can be changed soon. Maybe they will do something and we will play fine.

Message 47 of 312 (1,037 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes! Now it feels smooth. But im sure it will start to lag again... 

Message 48 of 312 (1,030 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

It is great that we can play fine at weekend, at weekend i had lag always .

Message 49 of 312 (1,017 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yep it is really fun as long as it fluid without input lag or delay or other connection issues. 

Message 50 of 312 (1,006 Views)
Twitter Stream