Re: Initialization Error

by EA_Kipling

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Initialization Error

★★ Novice

Issue with initializing the game. I get a message that reads "this application has encountered an unspecified error. please try this patch again. I've tried over the last few days.

Message 1 of 9 (1,098 Views)

Accepted Solution

Message 5 of 9 (1,334 Views)

All Replies

@Cypherzaine

See if this guide helps initially https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Guides-Info/Guide-Unspecified-Error/td-p/5881847/jump-to/f...

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 9 (1,084 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried and i'm still getting the same message. I followed the launcher repair fix and I still can't get past that point. I want to subscribe but not if I can't even get into the game. Very frustrated.

Message 3 of 9 (1,036 Views)

★★ Novice

I also get another message from bit raider that it cannot communicate with the ui.

Message 4 of 9 (1,035 Views)

Message 5 of 9 (1,335 Views)

★ Novice

yeah i am having that same problem

Message 6 of 9 (945 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@waxfromtheshadow Did you check out the Accepted Solution that  @Cypherzaine posted?

Message 7 of 9 (926 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have been having a similar issue: no error message, the launcher simply wouldn't patch at all. I'm trying the accepted solution; seems to be working so far, although I did have to repeat the process twice. I'll let y'all know whether it fixes this pernicious issue or not (I've been trying to get it to work since United Forces came out).

Message 8 of 9 (886 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Update, as promised: It took literally all day (I was a patch behind even when UF released), but the launcher did finally patch. There was that old issue (which was new to me) of the game launching in some freaky resolution, but I found that solution in another thread. Thanks, guys, for all the help Standard smile

Message 9 of 9 (863 Views)