Re: Ingame settings

by r0x0rf0x0r

Original Post

Community Manager

@Smithums144 

Have you checked to see if your GPU is fully inserted into the motherboard? The fans going crazy is concerning, do you overclock?

I would try rolling back your driver and re-download it if you're not able to distinguish anything 30 yards out.

Blueberry.png
Message 11 of 16 (464 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey thanks for the swift replies, 

I have never overclocked any components so it rules that out. I suppose I could trawl through nvidia for an old driver and see if that works! quite embarrassing that I haven't already tried that to be honest!

I'll keep you updated.

Cheers!

Message 12 of 16 (462 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey @EA_Blueberry,

So i removed GPU cleaned ports etc, re-inserted and clean installed an earlier version of the driver that did work prior to windows reinstall but to no avail, the issue still stands. 

The only thing that I have changed is an in-game setting to Adaptive which has brought the fan speed and usage down of both the CPU and GPU however the graphical problem of enviroment rendering is still present.. it's so frustrating! 

Message 13 of 16 (439 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey again,

as I mentioned earlier I tried everything else without success and out of despair, I made a clean install of my Windows partition after a few years of use and reinstalled Origin/Apex again.

Sadly, still no progress.

But I found a different solution and I can't tell if it's related to the Model settings nor if it works for someone else, but you should try.

I've set "Texture Streaming Budget" to the lowest and voilà, settings for "Model Quality" stayed (and still is) on low, even without setting the Videoconfig to read-only.

It doesn't seem that some of other settings from my custom config are taken as well, such as the lighting commands (csm_xxx), but thanks for helping though.

Kindest regards!

Message 14 of 16 (2,091 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@r0x0rf0x0r Hopefully you already tried updating everything to latest. From game latest patches to Drivers (Audio , Video ....etc.) , Windows update...etc.
You can use 3d Analyzer tool to check different graphical settings for game. It's available to download free.
Message 15 of 16 (355 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Smithums144 You can check 3d Analyzer tool to check different graphical settings for game. It's available to download free.
Message 16 of 16 (354 Views)