Ingame settings

by r0x0rf0x0r

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Ingame settings

★★★ Novice

Hi there,

I have a few graphical issues, which I can't seem to fix.

For example, some settings won't change from the menu, such as model detail.

I tried to change them via the config files directly and through an autoexec, still no change.

The autoexec doesn't seem to load as well, even though I edited the command line.

Could it be because Origin and Apex are installed on different harddrives?

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: I tried to deinstall GeForce Expirience because of the optimize option and set everything to "Let the program decide" in the system settings.

Message 1 of 16 (1,903 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Ingame settings

★★★ Novice

Hey again,

as I mentioned earlier I tried everything else without success and out of despair, I made a clean install of my Windows partition after a few years of use and reinstalled Origin/Apex again.

Sadly, still no progress.

But I found a different solution and I can't tell if it's related to the Model settings nor if it works for someone else, but you should try.

I've set "Texture Streaming Budget" to the lowest and voilà, settings for "Model Quality" stayed (and still is) on low, even without setting the Videoconfig to read-only.

It doesn't seem that some of other settings from my custom config are taken as well, such as the lighting commands (csm_xxx), but thanks for helping though.

Kindest regards!

View in thread

Message 14 of 16 (2,071 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@r0x0rf0x0r 

Still need help with this and have you tried reinstalling both Origin and Apex Legends on the same drive?

Can you upload a DxDiag for us so we can look at your system specs?

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 16 (1,839 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi EA_Blueberry,

thanks for the reply!

I still have this problem.

I just tried to make a fresh reinstall of Origin and Apex, sadly without any success.

Heres the upload.

Greetings!

Message 3 of 16 (1,832 Views)

Community Manager

@r0x0rf0x0r 

Did you remove everything you had in the command line arguments? Right-clicking on the game in Origin and repairing it helps for UI errors like this most of the time.

Try a clean boot and then immediately launch Origin as administrator by right-clicking on the desktop shortcut. This way we can see if it's some third party program conflicting with the game.

How to Clean Boot your PC

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 16 (1,819 Views)

★★★ Novice

I removed everything before I reinstalled from the startup commands and  deleted the User/Respawn folder as well.

Did everything as described but as soon as I change the settings, models still won't change to low detail.

I tried everythign step by step:

1: Ingame settings after reinstall, write-only cfg.

2: Applied the autoexec and command line options.

Still, the same result.

Maybe I have no choice but to reinstall the whole system/computer.

Message 5 of 16 (1,792 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey, I have a similar issue that a clean windows install unfortunately did not solve. In actual fact, it was the clean install that created the problem! I, like you, have been through all the directories, removed GeForce Experience, altered and reset all of the 3d model settings, set power to high and preferred in windows ran program as administrator and unfortunately for some reason my game is fine all the way through the lobby, the legend selection, the loading screen etc but as soon as I go into game none of the enviroment renders properly, my framerate drops and CPU/GPU shoot upto around 100% with the fans going crazy!

I had none of the above issues before a clean reinstall of windows... it is so frustrating.

Message 6 of 16 (1,771 Views)

Community Manager

@r0x0rf0x0r @Smithums144 

Are you able to change the in-game settings after updating to the latest build of Windows 10? Search "Windows Updates" in the desktop search bar to check for pending updates.

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 16 (1,749 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey Blueberry, yes I have applied all latest updates, the in-game settings are still changeable and I'm still having the same problem. My setup isn't ideal for the game but I just dont understand how it was working absolutely fine before I reinstalled windows and now nothing I do will alter the enviroment rendering issue I have.

The game is still playable but not worth it as anything beyond maybe 30meters is so pixelated it's impossible to make out what it is; enemy or enviroment 😂

It is such a shame because I really enjoyed this game! 

Message 8 of 16 (1,733 Views)

Community Manager

@Smithums144 

Can you upload a DxDiag for me so I can see your specs?

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 16 (1,731 Views)

★★ Novice

Here you go...

Message 10 of 16 (1,727 Views)