[Information Request] Madden 21 Roster Update Error

by Pterrance178

Original Post

[Information Request] Madden 21 Roster Update Error

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am able to play games modes offline but I am constantly getting a roster update error. When it asks me if I would like to try again, I choose yes and it gives me the error again. This is a continuous process that goes until I choose no or the game freezes. This means I cannot play any online content. My game has fully downloaded and I have tried repairing the game from Origin. Any help would be great. Thanks Madden community!

[Admin - updated thread title]

Message 1 of 53 (8,416 Views)

Re: Madden 21 Roster Update Error

Community Manager

Hi @Pterrance178

There might be something blocking the game from connecting to the download servers. Have you checked to make sure there's an exception for Origin and Madden NFL 21 in your security software? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 53 (8,366 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hey @EA_Kent i appreciate your time.

I have made sure Madden NFL 21 and the Trial are allowed to communicate through Windows Defender Firewall and still no luck. Was that the action you were referring to? And what would be my next option?

Message 3 of 53 (8,354 Views)

★ Novice

I am currently having the same problem. I checked everything you said and its all clear. I repaired my game and redownloaded it and still no luck please help. 

Message 4 of 53 (8,329 Views)

★ Novice
@Pterrance178 Did you get it fixed. If so what did you do.
Message 5 of 53 (8,322 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Kent i am currently having the same issue
Message 6 of 53 (8,321 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Kent Having same problem! would like to play head 2 head on mut!? please Help ASAP!
Message 7 of 53 (8,261 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

Thanks for the updates!

There are some other steps we can try that might help with this error as well. When you've got the chance I'd recommend starting off with the basic connection steps from the EA Help site. If you're still having trouble after that check out the platform-specific steps as well: 

- PC

- Xbox One

- PlayStation 4

Let me know how that goes once you've had a chance to give it a shot. Thanks again. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 53 (8,234 Views)

Roster Update

★★★ Newbie

I cannot update to current roster when I do I keep seeing the error message and it will not allow me to successfully complete it. What do I do to fix this?

Message 9 of 53 (8,174 Views)

★★ Novice

i am having the same problem and nothing it fixing it i have re downloaded 3 time repaid the game 2 times and still nothing can some one please help.

Message 10 of 53 (8,192 Views)