Info request: Hit Registration

by EA_David

Original Post

Re: Info request: Hit Registration

★ Apprentice

i defiantly agree that pathfinder is a huge issue in this regard and is on the topic of being fixed currently

wraiths seem impossible to hit when they have good movement due to her being so small close up, would be nice to see a change there. 

no issues ive seen since the hit reg patch. 

Message 11 of 32 (1,848 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hit reg has been bad for some time now.

I use 301/99 and it just seems to take way more hits to knock someone as if 20% or so of the hit are not being seen,

But when you use something like wingman or longbow you see whats going on :-) you get 2 hits counting then 1 not or acting as if no player is there to hit.

Shot at a downed guy tonight point blank and about 20% of the shots pass right through him as if he was not there ?

Message 12 of 32 (1,815 Views)

Hit reg not working again.

★★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number gtx 1060
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16gb
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? DuhLazyPotato
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. ShimmiShaker
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Pathfinder
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? He was playing wraith
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. One was in market and the second on the steel ramps between pit and cascades
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. fighting a team
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? it happened randomly in matches caught this on video
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 6/30/2019
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Hit reg was not working properly as you can see in the video I will link.
What should be happening instead? The damage should be going through
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game

First hit reg fail

Second hit reg fail

You can see both videos of hit reg not working. You can even slow it down and see it not registering. You see the blood but no damage. The first video was of my friends gameplay and second was my gameplay.

Message 13 of 32 (1,817 Views)

Re: Hit reg not working again.

★★★ Guide

had same problem testerday but i think it was bcose of laggy server hit the guy 2 times with wingman showed blood and heard the hit sound but was no dmg

Message 14 of 32 (1,798 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@EA_David 

Hi David. This post might be semi of topic but it is about hit registration with high ping, based on my own recent experience. 

So I live in EU and yesterday, I played with a friend, also from EU. We noticed that we had terrible lag in several games in a row, with the red clock constantly in the right corner. After 2-3 games or so, we both noticed that the names of our enemies and third random team mate were more "asian-like" than usually. So we asked our squad mate where he was from, and he answered Taiwan. Next game we asked again; China, Next game; China again.

So obviously, we were put on Asian servers for some reason. But here is my point; even though the looting and interactions with doors or crates etc felt very laggy, the shooting/hit registrations felt normal and the enemies on our screens didnt stutter or lag. The only difference was that the damage sound and damage indicator appeared 0.5 seconds after we landed the hit.  On the other hand, and this part is ofc highly speculative, it really felt like WE had an advantage when people aimed at us. I could literally win a 3v1 fight with only sustaining minimum damage even though they sprayed 2-3 mags each on me. I often had 1-3 spectators with me, who probably were thinking I had some invincibility cheat or something

So I guess it all has to do with client sided hit registration but if this is true, it must be prevented since its very easy to manipulate your ping mid game.

Message 15 of 32 (1,793 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_David Same as everyone else, hit registration is a mess especially on Pathfinder
Message 16 of 32 (1,769 Views)

★★ Guide

There are enough complaints about Pathfinder. Cant the devs just play and test it for themselves and they should be able to see this ?

Message 17 of 32 (1,754 Views)

★★ Pro

So many hit reg problems on console at the moment, all my buddies getting it aswell not just me and we all have decent internet .

mainly see it with single fire weapons but I think that’s just because of the separated shots make it easier to tell when they’ve not registered and therefore are still getting it with full auto weapons .

have had issues with almost every weapon but worst has been mastiff , peacekeeper , wingman and longbow . Nothing worse than point blanking someone with the most powerful close range weapon in the game and getting blood splatters with no damage and then dying .

Message 18 of 32 (1,716 Views)

★★ Guide

I have occasionally seen blood with no hits. One time I was on top of market, and the lifeline was sliding off the roof. Clear as day I hit her, but it did not damage.

Message 19 of 32 (1,644 Views)

★★ Guide

Melee hits about 20% of the time too. Please fix that. I am tired of being robbed of a chance to fight in an encounter that I should have won, but lost because the game can't figure out how to work.

Message 20 of 32 (1,644 Views)