Re: Info request: Hit Registration

by Noraaq

Original Post

★★ Guide

Sorry to spam, but I keep remembering more. Wraith still feels like she has no hitbox, pathfinders do not take damage as often during a spray as other heros, and any speed boost character can be shot but nothing will happen to them. I once had a bangalore AD spam within 2 feet and despite the blood splatter, took no damage.

Message 21 of 32 (2,079 Views)

Anonymous

I will just leave this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bir9CxU2rs 

Recorded in 2019/02 - since then I have had tons of such encounters.

Message 22 of 32 (2,002 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hit reg is actually hilariously bad on all shotguns. I literally see the bullets impact the body and do no damage, I notice it with heavy guns too, such as the spitfire and hemlok, but not so much for the any other heavy guns. For light guns, however, I haven't noticed any instances of bad hit reg except for the scout, which can be a little wonky with the hit reg sometimes.

Here's a short a sweet video showing the bad hit reg on the eva 8: https://streamable.com/138gu

Message 23 of 32 (1,987 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Yes with shotguns I have to shoot 4 and hit all 4 to get damage for 1 hit. All characters all guns are giving me trouble. A full magazine from flatline only gives me 14 damage.

Message 24 of 32 (1,935 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Hit reg is bad for me. Then again, I have 2% packet loss to every server according to the Data Center, which is probably the reason my hit reg is awful. 

This is the only game that I have packet loss while playing.

Message 25 of 32 (1,910 Views)

★★ Guide

It almost seems like at certain times of day the hit reg is good and other times the hit reg is *. Maybe try rebooting your servers more frequently guys. Or get them all on the same specs. Seems to be half of them tbh. I can go 3 hours with horse crap games, then get on later and suddenly everything just works and I actually get hits.

Here are 2 instances of cheating/hit detection issues. I'll let you decide, but this is happening far too often to be acceptable.

Morons are going to say "you just missed brah." Please, if you are going to comment on my video or post at least use your brain.

Message 26 of 32 (1,852 Views)

★★ Novice

agreed, ive noticed this as well. these servers and/or the people maintening them are complete trash tbh. there was reason ive never spent a dime on EA products in 20 years but i like apex and figured id give them a chance by buying both season 1 and 2 for myself and my sons account. guess its back to not giving them another dime again

Message 27 of 32 (1,836 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

First clip, pathfinder is way too hard to hit. Even a wraith would take more shots than this.

Clip 2, Shooting a downed pathfinder does no damage.

Clip 3, Enemy is seemingly not even looking at me and shooting me, and the animations are all

Tonight my team won about 6 or 7 games. I saw very little shenanigans. I shouldn't have to restrict my play time to sunday night to have a good time. The game is unplayable during the week. I don't know if there are more people on during those times or on sunday, or if the population is nothing but sweaty tryhards, but it seems like the same shots don't work during the week. The same risks don't pay off. I'm shot from a mile away at full auto more often during the week. I don't know what that is, but it needs addressing.
Having said that, all these clips are from tonight. I am still not free of this garbage even on sunday. Most games are way better and actually playable though.

Message 28 of 32 (1,766 Views)

★★ Novice

Octane’s head hit box and adjust it, it is bigger than wattson’s hit box by 9 pixels and it is bigger than pathfinder by 2 pixels even tho octane is the size of wraith his hit of is about the same height and still octane’s hit box is 24 pixels bigger than wraith. Last but not least why is mirage hit box is about 141 pixels and caustic hit box is 150 pixels why is that that makes no sense.

Message 29 of 32 (1,426 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Last week's update has messed up hit reg for me -I can see the bullets hitting enemies, even at extremely close range with zero damage registering.   Especially bad is the EVA-8.  I was owning people with that gun last week, and now I'm getting zero damage with that weapon, even when I see the bullets fly through an opponent.  Not sure if it is a server lag issue, but things are very broken.  The game is borderline unplayable right now.

Message 30 of 32 (1,030 Views)