Re: Info request: Hit Registration

by Leo_the_Lion25

Original Post

Info request: Hit Registration

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi all, we want to gather info on how folks are finding the hit registration in the game right now.

Is anyone seeing blood spatters without damage? What other hit registration issues are occurring for you? Are there any particular areas of the world or geometry that cause issues. 

Any info you have would be great, but videos would be extra-useful. 

Thanks!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 1 of 32 (3,384 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi David,

I find that I still cannot hit pathfinders like I can hit other legends. For instance, if I'm using a wingman and I'm aiming for a pathfinders head; it hits for 45 (as if it's hitting there body instead of head). Also, I find that the majority of body shots aimed at pathfinders do not register at all. 

Message 2 of 32 (3,330 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm with Glu3stik on this one, fighting a single pathfinder is something you "avoid" now in game because it often feels like fighting a full squad vs fighting one legend. Lately I've also found issues shooting legends directly in the back while they are running in a straight line (ex. skull town enclosed lanes, etc.)

The #1 issue for myself however is pathfinder.

Message 3 of 32 (3,325 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Watch this video at 2:22:00 (with a minute left in the video) for the last fight against a Pathfinder. My friend missed the first three shots and he admitted that, but there were 3 of 4 shots that went through the Pathfinder at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tihje6-ZPc&feature=youtu.be

Message 4 of 32 (3,311 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Pro

Pathfinder is the one with issues. 

Message 5 of 32 (3,289 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EA_David You have this link labeled as leaf code but it brings us to the hit registration thread
Message 6 of 32 (3,248 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@EA_David   During initial launch, pathfinder hitbox was so big, but after the patch, his hitbox become so small :

1. Only his upper body part can be hit.

2. His head is super small, so naturally make it almost impossible to hit.

3. His hand, his leg and his groin can't be hit, it doesn't register damage ??? (bug) Frown

I attach the picture how hit box looks like from enemy player perspective :PathFinder.png

Message 7 of 32 (3,216 Views)

★ Guide

I had a game where my damage numbers and bullets didn’t even show the enemy being hit but then I downed him. Was really confusing considering I use the visual and auditory queues to know when an opponent is being hit.

Message 8 of 32 (3,144 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I completely agree with this post except for the hitbox seems like it's almost only head on pathfinder to me.

Message 9 of 32 (3,114 Views)

Message 10 of 32 (3,045 Views)