[Info request] Ads not playing

by EA_Roger

Original Post

Re: only 10% of the ads are actually playing

Champion (Retired)

I may be getting terminology mixed up @MagrothPrime, but on my iPhone, occasionally I get ads that go dark.  I switch apps after ~20 seconds, then re-enter PVZH app and get my 5 gems.  I realize this may be different for you, but wanted to throw that out there for you.

BPRD

Message 10 of 73 (2,970 Views)

Oops, Something went wrong. Please try again later.

★★★ Newbie

When I watch ads to get free gems, the ad will play through and I will click the X. At the end, however, it says "Oops, something went wrong. Please try again later." This happens 100% of the time when the ad for "Dig Out!" plays, but it happens with most other ads, too. This has happened on and off in the past, but never over and over like this. I have restarted the app and my phone several times and it still continues. I use an iPhone 6 plus to play the game. Please FIX the problem ASAP!!! My player ID: 1002386635279

Message 11 of 73 (2,988 Views)

Re: Oops, Something went wrong. Please try again later.

★ Novice

I too have had this problem on my 6plus and have reported it twice yet it continues to happen.  I was told by support to add my comments here and to get others with the similar problems to do likewise, that way they may look at it and potentially fix it.  Here goes "Nothing"!!

Message 12 of 73 (2,972 Views)

Re: [Info request] Ads not playing

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@EA_Roger wrote:

Hello all,

We've had a few reports on Ads not playing in PvZ Heroes, I apologize for any inconvenience caused by these issues and we understand how frustrating these problems can be. In order to get to the bottom of this issue we would like to start off by sharing a potential workaround that seems to have helped a lot of our users on both platforms:

Android Device iPhone Device

1. Go to Google settings

2. Navigate to Ads

3. Select the option Reset  advertising ID

1. Privacy

2. Scroll to Advertising

3. Select the option Reset Ad Identifier

Once you've tried this workaround, if you are still running into issues we would need the following information off you to try get to the bottom of this issue, feel free to use the template below to answer the thread:

[Device Name]

[Operating System/OS]

[Player ID]

If need be here is a link to help you find your PvZ Heroes Player ID & I will also merge some of the existing posts into this to get the conversation going as well.

Thank you for your patience and understanding on this.

EA_Roger. 

Partial success!!!

While this doesn't have any effect on the "oops" error (that's probably a back-end issue), it does fix the ads not loading issue (for me)!

edit; It must have been a fluke. Ads are back to not working on all my devices.

This includes an iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5, iPad Pro 12.9", iPad Mini 4, iPad Air, iPad 4th Gen, iPad 3rd Gen, iPad mini 2, 3 different Android emulators on my Macbook, and some crappy Android tablet.

Message 14 of 73 (2,944 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Ads are playing fine but I have watched literally hundreds of them now with no gem reward. Instead I get "Oops something went wrong. Please try again later."
I assume when this issue is resolved we will be compensated with all the gems we should have gotten for sitting through all these ads. That's just not right.
Message 15 of 73 (2,928 Views)

★★ Pro

Ads still rarely work.

Most of the time they don't load.

And then when they do actually play, the "oops" error pops up about 50% of the time.

This happens the same across many different iPhones and iPads, and with iOS 10.3.2, 10.3.3, and all iOS 11 betas.

Message 16 of 73 (2,893 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @GrinningRuiner,

Thanks for the confirmation & trying the workarounds above. Sorry to hear you are still having this issue, if you can share your Player ID that would be perfect.

For anyone else still having this issue, please get back to me after trying the workaround above with the following information:

[Device Name]

[Operating System/OS]

[Player ID]

Thanks,

Roger.

Roger.png
Message 17 of 73 (2,883 Views)

★ Novice

Hello there,

Ads are never playing at all at my iPad. Tried to  Reset Ad Identifier many times - that didn't help.

Also tried to change a Region because I moved to another Country but no success with that ether.

I have the following device: 

- iPad mini

- iOS 9.3.5 (13G36)

- game v. 1.16.10

Thanks in advance!

Message 18 of 73 (2,745 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

resetting the advertising ID worked for the last few weeks, but today it's back to 5 seconds where the little spinny thing looks like it's going to load the ad - but then doesn't.

X appears in the top right corner after ~5 seconds and you get to close it and try again to no avail

Iphone 6s

ios 10.3.3

Message 19 of 73 (2,729 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

this is what happens on 3 devices now....

Message 20 of 73 (2,706 Views)