Re: [Info Request] NFS Heat won't download

by FerrarAve

Original Post

[Info Request] NFS Heat won't download

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I recently purchased NFS Heat from Amazon and received a code to put into Origin. I put the code into the redeem code tab in Origin and it put the game in my game library. When I pressed download on the game, it said preparing and then said "Origin needs to download files and is waiting for permission. Please choose "Yes" when Windows prompts you for permission." I never received a prompt to say yes and I am still unable to play the game. I either want a refund or a fix to this issue as I spent $60 on a game that I can't even download. 

Message 1 of 14 (3,525 Views)

★★ Guide

@RHECVoltage 

This happened to me too. Sign out of Origin and sign back in. Try downloading it again. If this doesn't work reboot and sign back into Origin, now it should work. I didn't have to reboot, but if all else fails, reboot. 

Message 2 of 14 (3,464 Views)

★★★ Newbie

did all of that and it still doesn't work, I don't know what to do anymore.

Message 3 of 14 (3,444 Views)

Community Manager

@RHECVoltage If you still don't get the prompts after a system restart, can we check if you're using a Windows account with install privileges? You may need to get the admin account for that PC to install the game. 

If that isn't a factor, you can type "UAC" into the Windows Search bar, then choose the User Account Control Settings. Can you let us know what this is set to?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 14 (3,415 Views)

★★ Novice

Done this all, same exact issue with no luck.

@EA_David wrote:

@RHECVoltage If you still don't get the prompts after a system restart, can we check if you're using a Windows account with install privileges? You may need to get the admin account for that PC to install the game. 

If that isn't a factor, you can type "UAC" into the Windows Search bar, then choose the User Account Control Settings. Can you let us know what this is set to?

My Account Control Settings are set to "always notify"

Message 5 of 14 (3,391 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for the info, that certainly sounds like it should be working. 

Can you try swapping to another Windows User account as a test and see if you can install the game that way?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc...

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 14 (3,373 Views)

★★ Novice

Actually, I wound up solving it by reinstalling the Origin client. A bit of a weird fix for one single game but it did wind up working. Though I was being stupid up at 2 AM trying to figure out how to fix it, so that made it a bit more aggravating than it normally would have been, heh...

Message 7 of 14 (3,352 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@FerrarAve i buyed new pc but i already downloaded nfs on my old, how can i download it on that new
Message 8 of 14 (2,740 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@FerrarAve the code is EPYQXVP492UM2UMEKECY
Message 9 of 14 (2,740 Views)

NFS Heat - Unable to download

★★★★ Novice

Hi

My cousin gifted me the game about 2 months ago. I remember I tried to download the game, it shows up in my library but it only showed "game properties" and no download or install option. After restarting Origin it gives me the install option but then it gets stuck on "preparing". I tried again now (after 2 months more or less) and Im still having the same issue.
How is Origin still so broken? Origin used up 99% of my i9 CPU the other day when I launched Battlefield 4. 

Message 10 of 14 (2,496 Views)