CPU: Intel i5-3210M (2.50GHz)
GPU: nvidia geforce GT630M
HDD: installed on SSD
Playing at full screen more, with resolution 1280 x 768 (the lowest).
The stuttering and lag occured when i'm playing skimish with more than 2 computer players.
However, when played with legacy graphic, there is no issue.
It is worst when playing online with friends, to the extend where i cannot control my units at all. It happens with 2 or more players and when there is high level of activity happening. Also, online mode doesn't allow for switching to legacy graphic mode.
CPU: Intel i7 4770K
GPU: AMD R9 290 & NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER (Tested on both, they don't show noticeable difference. Did not installed both card at the same time.)
RAM: DDR3 32GB
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
Screen mode: Any screen mode shows same symptom, but usually playing with Borderless Windowed.
Installed drive: HDD
Confirmed game modes: Campaign, Skirmish. Did not played Multiplayer.
Stuttering observed while playing FMV, any gameplay with some load of units and buildings.
Also, especially the first game on each run, it always suffers heavy stuttering on that game.
It doesn't look like faction-specific. or C&C/RA specific.
I've gone through every setting I can find and changed it to Performance over Quality. Made sure I have nothing else running on the PC. The PC was put together only a couple of months ago and I've had no issues with any other games. I get about 450fps in the main menu then about 30-60fps during a game but that drops to <10fps when there are lots of units on the map and I lose all ability to control anything in the game once a large battle starts even if it doesn't involve any of my units.
Some days it's just bearable enough for me to grit my teeth and try and adjust how I play to cope with these moment of having no control, but other days (like today) it's completely unplayable.
June - last edited June
Any news from EA on this matter? It's been a few weeks now already and I assume a fix like this, shouldn't take THAT long?
I quickly ran a CPU profiler on the game (start mission 1, doing absolutely nothing) and noticed a couple of weird things right off the bat: there seem to be a lot of calls to printf, fprintf_s, swprintf_s and swscanf_s. I fail to see why calls to those functions should even be in a final, optimized build. As those functions are usually only used in development/debug code.
So I traced where these functions are used mostly and it turned out to be in some call to GetDenuvoTimeTicketRequest. That call takes up to 25% of CPU time! GetDenuvoTimeTicketRequest seems to be DRM related. Why would something DRM related take 25% of CPU time?
June - last edited June
I have downloaded the patch today. My frame rate somewhat improved, but the gameplay is not still smooth. I still get hiccups when units are engaging in heavy fire fights. Not only that, there is a unit production bug. When I run the game first time, I can produce multiple units at a time from barracks, factory, shipyard, and so and so. However, when I restart the game, the buildings can only build one unit at a time saying "unable to comply, building in progress." Also units are standing still even when I pressed "G" button on my keyboard.
Update: I have run Red Alert Soviet Mission 1. Game started stuttering when Yaks destroyed a bridge with explosive barrels. I had to restart the game to run somewhat smooth. But it started to get jittery again when I explored a new area.
AMD Ryzen 3 2500U
Radeon RX Vega 8
8gb Ram 2400mhz
1920 x 1080
skirmish or campaign stutters a little every 5 seconds
low settings even borderless
mouse curser even stutters every 5 seconds on main ui