Re: Info Request - Game Stuttering

by GENERALZOOL

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
  • AMD Ryzen 1700 @ 3.9
  • Nvidia GTX1060 6 GB (OC)
  • 16 GB DDR4-3000 Dual-Channel @ CAS 16 (G.Skill Trident Z RGB - F4-3000C16D-16GTZR)
  • Resolution: 1080p
  • Full Screen Exclusive
  • HDD: Toshiba HDWD120, 7200 RPM, 2 TB (Tested the game with hard drive compression on and off. On was worse, but off is also bad most of the time.) 
  • When did the issue occur i.e. during MP, during campaign (specifics appreciated) 

This happens mostly if you load a savegame and there happens some stuff.

But loading a fresh mission is also often laggy. Sometimes it does not occur, which is not related to a cold restart of the game, mission or pc for me.

The multiplayer was problematic all the time, but compression was on while testing this. 

Often the singleplayer is also laggy midgame, which might be related to texture loading, as it often is related with building stuff the first time.

EDIT: It also happens, when you lift the shadow of war and new building types are discovered.

You should consider pre-loading of textures (maybe while still in main menu) or lazy loading with the classic textures as fallback (which would make a really awesome effect  )

Message 31 of 55 (2,048 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Laptop

i7-3630QM

16 GB RAM

Nvidia 675mx

1080p fullscreen

HDD

Windows 10

Desktop

i7-7700

16 GB RAM

Nvidia GTX 1070

1080p fullscreen

HDD

Windows 10

Constant stuttering on both machines.  Any of the suggested workarounds do not fix the issue.

Message 32 of 55 (1,966 Views)

★ Novice

CPU : intel i7 6700k @ 4,6 ghz

GPU: MSI 1070 GTX

Ram: hyperx 2400 mhz 2x8 GB

1920x1080 both games

full screen

HD, Windows 10 on SSD

during Singleplayer. usually first mission the most lag.. i play at 144 hz vsync locked. stuttering from 20-60-140 fps...

sometimes framedrops at "events" like A 10 air raid or the GDI command boat shooting at stuff for the first time inclusive the rockets hitting the target or ground

Message 33 of 55 (1,949 Views)

★★ Novice

• DXDiags (if available)  
    DirectX 12
  • CPU
    Intel Core i7 6700  

• GPU
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

• Ram
    16 GB @ 2400 MHz (1200 MHz DRAM frequency)

• Resolution you are playing at
    1920 x 1080

• Screen mode you are playing at Windowed, Full Screen Exclusive, Borderless Windowed (or a combination)
    Borderless windowed 

• What kind of Harddrive do you have the game installed on (HD, SSD) 
    SSD

• When did the issue occur i.e. during MP, during campaign (specifics appreciated) 
    Mostly ingame but also during the options screen (after changing a setting).

Message 34 of 55 (1,926 Views)

★★★ Newbie

• CPU amd  fx 8350
  • GPU nvidia evga Geforce RTX 2080ti
  • Ram corseair vengance 16 gb ddr3 1600
  • Resolution you are playing at 1440p 144hz
  • Screen mode you are playing at Windowed, Full Screen Exclusive, Borderless Windowed (or a combination)tried all
  • What kind of Harddrive do you have the game installed on (HD, SSD)  ssd
  • When did the issue occur i.e. during MP, during campaign (specifics appreciated)  single player skrimish. running 200+ fps til ai enemys come to my base it drops to 40 fps. then as time progresses it drops to 30  then 20 and then late in the game with alot of units it drops to 10 and lags where nothing moves for 5 secs or so. i have uninstall/reinstall, got the latest gpu driver, ive tried to repair game. tried in lower resosolution, ive tried reverting back to old original graphics hitting space bar, trying all options in the menu. nothing works

Message 35 of 55 (1,904 Views)

★★★ Newbie
  • CPU amd  fx 8350
  • GPU nvidia evga Geforce RTX 2080ti
  • Ram corseair vengance 16 gb ddr3 1600
  • Resolution you are playing at 1440p 144hz
  • Screen mode you are playing at Windowed, Full Screen Exclusive, Borderless Windowed (or a combination)tried all
  • What kind of Harddrive do you have the game installed on (HD, SSD)  ssd
  • When did the issue occur i.e. during MP, during campaign (specifics appreciated)  single player skrimish. running 200+ fps til ai enemys come to my base it drops to 40 fps. then as time progresses it drops to 30  then 20 and then late in the game with alot of units it drops to 10 and lags where nothing moves for 5 secs or so. i have uninstall/reinstall, got the latest gpu driver, ive tried to repair game. tried in lower resosolution, ive tried reverting back to old original graphics hitting space bar, trying all options in the menu. nothing works
Message 36 of 55 (1,896 Views)

★ Pro
@Nyter25
In your case, it's actually your Gaphics Card, I know this sounds silly, but the game is more stable on the GTX 1070 than on the GTX 1080. Silly, but that's how it is. If you're on a Desktop Tower PC, try switching to On-Board Graphics, and see if that makes a difference (works for some people who use the same Graphics Card as you).

My Specifications (I don't get the stuttering):
CPU: i7 6700K (4.0GHz)
RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB at 3200MHz)
Drives: SSD Gigabyte UD Pro (multiple)
512GB SSD for OS
512GB SSD for Game
512GB SSD for Origin Client
Each of these is handled by a separate Drive, kind of just happened like that, really funny.
Resolution: 1600x900
GPU: GTX 1070 8G
Full-Screen Mode

As I said, I don't get this issue, so if my System Specification helps you work out what works, and not just what doesn't work, then great. Though I do get other bugs, that's actually due to bugs in the game's code, and not my system.
Message 37 of 55 (1,895 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500.
GPU: Nvidia GTX 750, 1gb VRAM.
RAM: 8gb.
1920x1080.
Full screen.
HD.
Didnt happen the first time i played it on launch day, only the next day after i rebooted pc and played again, stuttering (screen freezing for half a sec) every 6 seconds, no matter game mode or legacy graphics, even at the menu.
Message 38 of 55 (1,857 Views)

★★ Novice

@GENERALZOOL what steps would I have to undertake exactly?

And I think this game is just extremely poorly optimized, it takes up a TON of cpu. And ur right, on HD graphics i get a lot of graphical glitches, freezes, stuttering, etc. (On old graphics i have similar issues, simply less severe).

Message 39 of 55 (1,816 Views)

★ Pro
@Nyter25
To use on board Graphics, just plug into it (change HDMI Port to on-board).
Though, I recommend checking this post:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/C-amp-C-side-menu-with-build-options-not-visible/m-p/9178...

Might take some reading, but a lot of suggestions were made on it, they might be of assistance to you (the issues may be connected).
Message 40 of 55 (1,813 Views)