Re: Info Request - Game Stuttering

by The_DONYX

Original Post

Info Request - Game Stuttering

EA Community Manager

Hello, we're looking into reports of players experiencing a Game Stuttering Issue. 

If you have experienced this please reply below with the following information:

• DXDiags (if available) 
  • CPU
  • GPU
  • Ram
  • Resolution you are playing at
  • Screen mode you are playing at Windowed, Full Screen Exclusive, Borderless Windowed (or a combination)
  • What kind of Harddrive do you have the game installed on (HD, SSD) 
  • When did the issue occur i.e. during MP, during campaign (specifics appreciated) 

In the meantime, if you are encountering this stuttering issue, we have the following suggestions based on the information we’ve gathered so far: 

• If you have an SSD drive, we recommend installing the game to that drive
  • Try changing the resolution to a lower one, then back to the original resolution 
  • Before playing, close all web browsers and other applications which could use Video RAM or actively ping the hard drive
  • While certainly annoying, consider starting a mission and then reloading it after a few seconds to allow the textures to cache first

Message 1 of 55 (15,469 Views)

★ Novice

CPU: Intel i7-7700HQ

GPU: nVidia GeForce 1050 Ti

RAM: 32GB DDR4

Resolution: 1920x1080

HDD: 480GB SSD

Issue occured when playing skirmish against 1 CPU opponent. Issue made game un-playable, also received message "cannot save game using custom map".

Message 2 of 55 (15,304 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
  • Treadripper 2950x
  • Radeon vii  x2 
  • 128gb 3200mhz
  • 1080 144hz HDR 12bit
  • Full screen (it will not allow me to go borderless i tick save go back and its not changed) 
  • 4x NVME 2x SSD 2x Hybrid Game install is on a 1tb NVME 
  • Campaign and online 
Message 3 of 55 (15,266 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

i7 4770

GeForce RTX 2060

16GB RAM

1920x1080

Exclusive Full Screen

Installed on HD

Stuttering occurs in RA2 first mission and skirmish mode. Heavy stuttering during explosions. Small amounts of stuttering when just scrolling the camera.

Message 4 of 55 (15,241 Views)

★★★ Newbie

AMD Ryzen 5 2500U

Radeon RX Vega 8

8gb Ram 2400mhz

1920 x 1080

Doesn't seem to make a difference whether full screen or borderless and sometimes it doesn't even change

SSD

Single player and skirmish

Maybe my laptop isn't powerful enough but I have read reports of people running on older integrated gfx machines and they say it works fine. 

Message 5 of 55 (15,180 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

DXDiags attached

• CPU: i5 7500
  • GPU: GTX 1060 6gb
  • RAM: 16gb 2400mhz
  • Resolution: 1920X1080
  • Screen mode: Tried different modes, all exhibit the same problem.
  • HDD: Toshiba HDWD130 

Windows 10 Os is on an SSD 970 EVO nvme drive

When occurs: Soviet First instantly stutter, when the barrels explode or when i try to pan the camera. Even on legacy settings do this to me. Command & Conquer runs smoothly no sign of stutter so far. For me only on red alert has the issue.

After I installed the game on to an SSD 750 EVO the stuttering is gone.

Message 6 of 55 (15,174 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

(Dxdiag attached)

intel core i5-3570K CPU  @ 3.40ghz

16gb ram

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

win 10

playing at

1920x1080

Borderless Windowed

v-sync on

installed on HDD (not ssd)

Playing Red Alert

Get stuttering almost directly at mission start. (playing on Allied campaign) Which mission doesn't matter. My steam fps overlay counter see a significant drop in fps.

It only gets worse as I play. One thing that I noticed is that constructing the Radar Dome makes the fps drop A LOT!

BUT if play on classic mode (no hd textures) the problem goes away directly! I see a small drop in fps when construction the Radar Dome, but it is still very playable. HD mode is not playable.

Other notes:

* playing with v-sync off, the text at the winning screen look a bit strange
* Changing options in the options menu is buggy, It doesn't save my options, so I have to go in and out of the options menu and redo the change. Sometimes multiple times.

Message 7 of 55 (15,109 Views)

★★★ Newbie

dxdiag.txt attached
desktop pc
Ryzen 5 2400g, vega 11 graphics
32GB RAM

SSD

win10

I experienced consistent stutterring at about 5 second intyervals throughout the game from cinematics, menus and main game on HD and sub HD resolutions (on 1080p monitor) and visual setting combinations, both C&C and RA. Updated graphic drivers and restarted the system - don't know if this helped but the stuttering was completely gone for a while. Next day it was stuttering again, only slightly lesser - it was noticeable but the game was playable this time. 
despite that it's still an Incredible remaster, hope you'll be able to resolve this issue, good luck!

Message 8 of 55 (15,031 Views)

★★★ Newbie

-AMD Ryzen 5 2500U

-AMD RAdeon Vega 8 Graphics

-8 GB RAM

-1920x1080

-Full Screen Exclusive

-SSD

-Stutter during campaign of both faction on both games (C&C and Red Alert)

Message 9 of 55 (14,829 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

CPU: i7 - 9700K

GPU: RTX 2070

RAM: 16GB

Resolution: 2560 x 1440

Screen: Full Screen

Harddrive: HDD

Singleplayer and Skirmish

Message 10 of 55 (14,563 Views)