[Info Needed] Where's the network prompt when opening boxes

by brygida92

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Info Needed] Where's the network prompt when opening boxes

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have a problem with The Sims mobile game. Every time when I try to buy The Upscale Essentials pack I lose my internet connection and get „Where’s The network? Please check your settings to ensure that your device Is online”.

I also restarted my phone but it still doesn't work. After many attempts to reset the phone and The app I do not have a network connection.

1. November 27 about 8:00 CET
  2. ID: 1003410337487
  3. I try to login maaaanyyy times a day
  4. I played normally and everything worked fine until I tried to buy this pack
  5. Yes, the error popped up again and again
  6. Both
  7. Every other app works just fine,I’m only having connection issues with Sims Mobile game
  8. iPhone 7 13.1.3
  9. Poland
Message 1 of 42 (2,269 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Info Needed] Where's the network prompt when opening boxes

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

[Marking as solution for visibility, we're still investigating this issue]

We may have a workaround for this issue:

• Change the auto-lock setting on your device to the max setting you can (this will prevents the game from being sent to background)
  • Purchase the pack you want
  • You will see a plumbob at the right bottom that is turning (loading)
  • Leave it on this screen until the purchase goes through
  • If you see the Where's the Network prompt, leave it on this (don't press retry), the plumbob should still be turning at the right bottom. 
  • Eventually the purchase should go through

Please let me know if this works and how long it took Standard smile 

View in thread

Message 23 of 42 (3,037 Views)

All Replies

Re: [Info Needed] Where's the Network Prompt since November 19 2019

★★★ Pro
@SimGuruMaaike
1. getting multiple where's the network prompts all the time. The last time is when I'm trying to open a regular STS box.
2. 1003885873859
3. mobile
4. Ping: 42.6
Jitter n/a
Download: 0.19
Upload: 7.60
8. Galaxy A20
9. NYC, USA
Message 2 of 42 (2,234 Views)

Re: [Info Needed] Where's the Network Prompt since November 19 2019

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@SimGuruMaaike 

this network glitch killed my first account. this is happening again now and I know for sure that this is related to the STS challenge.

several times today, November 28th. the network constantly requests connections. The last time I try to open a regular STS box. as well as when I’m watching ads for paid packages. 

Playerid: 1005042520830

WiFi

ZTE  blade v8

Germany

Message 3 of 42 (2,200 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

@brygida92 @MarinPhoenix @givememore86 Thanks for your information! We are investigating this, we've split up your posts to its own thread.. 

@brygida92 Have you tried purchasing the pack again since the 27th? Do you still get the error?

@givememore86 Are there times of the day you don't receive the error? And how is the internet to your other apps? Your download speed is oddly low compared to your upload speed - the values are usually the other way around, I would like to know what the speed is at a time you don't receive the error. 

@MarinPhoenix Are you still having this issue today? 

Message 4 of 42 (2,144 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@SimGuruMaaike 

Yes I tried to buy a pack many times and I still have a problem with the network connection. I also tried to buy a different pack and  have the same error.

Buying most packages makes me lose connection with the network, but a few hours ago I bought a Black Friday Luxe pack without any problem. And then I tried to buy the Starstruck Bathroom pack, my game lost connectivity again. I don't understand it at all.

I also can't open the STS boxes and when I open the game, after a few minutes I lose my network connection so I can't play anymore.

Message 5 of 42 (2,130 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Maibrygida92 same here i cant buy those packs!
Message 6 of 42 (2,005 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@6c160l232qt9 

Here is @SimGuruMaaike's  post. The team needs some information from players who experience this issue in order to find a solution:

If you see this prompt more than once since November 19 2019 it would be very helpful for our investigation if you can provide the following information:

1. Date and time you saw this prompt?

2. What is your player ID?

3. How often do you see this prompt?

If you see it more often than rarely, please give an indication out of 10 times you load the game, how many sessions do you receive this prompt?

4. What were you doing in the game when this happened?

For example: Changing to another district, loading the game from the background, playing an event, redecorating house, giving a sticker. 

5. Did pressing retry help?

If not, did you have to restart the game? 

6. WiFi or Cellular connection?

7. Please run a speedtest [Speedtest app for example] on the device you play the game on and share this information:

• Ping:
  • Jitter:
  • Download Mbps:
  • Upload Mbps:

8. Device and Firmware? 

9. Location?

Country, please don't mention a specific city. If you can share if you were in a populated area with good mobile service or a more rural area, that would be interesting to know too! 

Thanks in advance for the information!

-SimGuruMaaike

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 7 of 42 (1,999 Views)

★★★ Guide

same issue here. I managed to buy the packs, but I'm having constant connectivity issues.

I'm running all new gear, I've cleared the cache, done re starts and updates. 

still having issues, wondering if I'll even be able to finish the showdown now.. 

Message 8 of 42 (1,980 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I hope they will give more time for players with this glitch  and we will be able to buy these packages 😢🙏

Message 9 of 42 (1,967 Views)

★★ Guide
I just bought the Friday Luxe pack and now I am getting connectivity issues. The game is stuck on loading screen. I really don’t want to miss out on this event, I am so close!

Player ID: 1004229753615
Message 10 of 42 (1,950 Views)