Re: [Info Needed] Where's the network prompt when opening boxes

by MaggieTSM

Original Post

EA Live QV Team

And when you get the where's the network prompt, can you leave it on that prompt until the plumbob stops spinning? I've seen a case where it recovered and the purchase went through though, it took a little while Standard smile 

Message 21 of 42 (1,341 Views)

★★★ Guide
@SimGuruMaaike I've turned off wifi to see if that's an issue and used mobile data.
it's still saying the same thing. I can't even purchase sim cash. everything says it's unavailable, it's been stuck like this for days now.
Message 22 of 42 (1,330 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

[Marking as solution for visibility, we're still investigating this issue]

We may have a workaround for this issue:

• Change the auto-lock setting on your device to the max setting you can (this will prevents the game from being sent to background)
  • Purchase the pack you want
  • You will see a plumbob at the right bottom that is turning (loading)
  • Leave it on this screen until the purchase goes through
  • If you see the Where's the Network prompt, leave it on this (don't press retry), the plumbob should still be turning at the right bottom. 
  • Eventually the purchase should go through

Please let me know if this works and how long it took Standard smile 

Message 23 of 42 (3,035 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@SimGuruMaaike 

What a pity I didn't know about it before 😔

Message 24 of 42 (1,301 Views)

★ Apprentice

I just tried this work around when trying to purchase the Laundry Nook pack for 25 royal tokens. I waited with the where’s the network error showing with the green plumbob spinning in the bottom right corner for 10 minutes and it still wouldn’t make the purchase. I had to force close. 

Message 25 of 42 (1,100 Views)

★★★ Pro

@SimGuruMaaike I just did the same exact thing that @MaggieTSM did and waited 10 minutes, I cannot purchase the pack. Should I just put in a ticket?

Message 26 of 42 (1,061 Views)

Hero

@givememore86 @SimGuruMaaike 

I was able to purchase this pack. Notice that the image was not fully loaded when I tapped on the green button. Then the whole image is showing at the same time that the purchase goes through. Is this related? The image for these two packs is taking longer to load on my screen than the other packs. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 27 of 42 (1,048 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@SalixCatyeah it looks just like that, but I keep on getting where's the network and then nothing. Yours went through without the where's the network problem like us. Thank you Cat, you're the best 😍

Message 28 of 42 (1,046 Views)

★★ Guide

Thank you to point it out, Salix Standard smile 
I think theres definitely a context between a not loaded picture and the failing proceeding. 
A friend on mine wrote me, because she can't buy this pack, too. A restart from the iPad and a new installation of the game doesn't work. I adviced her to write the support.

Maaike's workaround doesn't helped her. Frown 

If it's nessensary I can ask her for the details about the device and her ID. 
Switching between wifi and LTE doesn't work, too. 

Message 29 of 42 (899 Views)

Sims Haven't Leveled Up and I can't Purchase Featured Packs

★★★★ Novice

I'm sooo frustrated! I spend a lot of money on this game each month. I was in the STS earlier today and needed Sim Cash. I tried to purchase a featured pack and when I click on it the screen would just load for several minutes before displaying the famous Network Error. I literally spent all afternoon trying to figure this out. I lost out on several hours of STS and Llama Zoom tasks. I have Force Closed the app, restarted the phone, cleared the cache in Play Store and Google Games. I have even tried switching up my payment method and I also bought Google Play Credit. Nothing changes the fact that when I click to buy something, the screen just loads. I sent an email to EA. I got a response back saying to check the forum. I did that and couldn't find an answer. So I sent a Facebook Message to EA. The gentleman responded and said it's an issue he's not familiar with so I need to post here. If I can't get a response I'm done with this game and with EA. Also, do the levels go above and 50? I hit level 50 about two weeks ago and haven't leveled up since. I have a full blue line but nothing happens. 

Message 30 of 42 (907 Views)