Info Gathering: PC Crashing before getting to lobby

by EA_David

Original Post

Re: Info Gathering: PC Crashing before getting to lobby

★ Apprentice

it has been almost a week of back and forth with EA on twitter/the forums/support chat and i keep getting the run around. it is abundantly clear that they are not interested in fixing this issue. I have spent money on my main account, have a bunch of lost battle pass progress/unlocks/currency etc that i guess is just gone forever. I have a new account that plays just fine so I can play the game again, but all the unlocks i have on my main account is lost, and if they DO actually getting around to fix it and I can go back to playing my main account then I will lose all of my aftermarket unlocks and the handful of legendary unlocks that I got on my new account  that i didnt have on my old. this is just one big blunder Frown

Message 61 of 339 (732 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Here I got excited with the new update that it is a fix. How disappointed I am Frown

Message 62 of 339 (728 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@ShinSakuraNomaiLOL same here. I signed into my main account after seeing Apex update on my burner, and it still crashed.

Message 63 of 339 (726 Views)

★ Novice

OER ID Number: 126645a9200752e8
Windows Language: English
Error message (if any): none
When did this start for you?: 10/8/20
Approximately what % of the time does this happen? used to be maybe 10% but is now 90% of the time

Message 64 of 339 (723 Views)

★★ Novice
@ewok9939 its not a hardware problem it on there end with the update
Message 65 of 339 (704 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Meanwhile I use my other account . Right in the game . Frown I wish I knew whats happening.

Message 66 of 339 (694 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Has there not been any sign that the devs know about this problem or that they are looking into it?  I have been play almost daily since release day and to have all that progress lost to a bug or whatever this is really turns me off of the game.

Message 67 of 339 (675 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

There has been on this post. 

It says:

"Hi NeuroFuzzy

Your previous thread was not deleted -- it was merged to the other thread you mentioned where this issue is being tracked. This is still under investigation, and we've been forwarding the details we're receiving here up to the Apex Legends team. 

Since there is already a thread where this issue is being tracked, I'm going to lock this one. If you have additional information to share about this please add it to the main thread.

Thanks!

/Kent"

So we have at least some kind of acknowledgement of the situation, instead of radio silence. It's on a completely different post, but it's there.

Message 68 of 339 (663 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@evabrutal me complaining got an answer huzzah Standard smile
Message 69 of 339 (649 Views)

Re: Game crashes before main menu after Aftermarket Update

★★★★★ Novice

Here's my dx diag file, I'll go ahead and note that making another account did NOT work for me.

Message 70 of 339 (609 Views)