[Info] Compatibility on Android devices

by EA_Mai

Original Post

[Info] Compatibility on Android devices

EA app Team

When talking about compatibility, first thing to keep in mind is that The Sims Mobile is a big game. We understand it's frustrating to find out your device is not compatible, and even when we have done our best to make it compatible with as many devices as possible while building all the features, unfortunately it won't run on every device.

With thousands of different Android devices, compatibility is not a simple matter, but fortunately Google Play will let you know if your device is compatible or not.

Things to keep in mind:

• You will need enough free space in your device to download the app. If you don't have enough space, Google Play might tell you your device is not compatible. Please, make sure you have at least 500MB of free space when trying to download. Also, please, keep in mind the app might require more space in the future.

• Make sure your Android and Google Play Store app are up to date.
    You can take a look to this article to learn how to check if you are running the latest Android version.

• In Settings -> Display -> Screen Resolution, make sure you are running at FHD+ or WQHD+ resolution (not HD+ resolution).

• To make sure there's not an issue with Google Play Store app, in Settings -> Apps -> Google Play Store -> Storage, tap Clear Data. Reboot your device, open Google Play Store, accept the Terms of service and try again.

• If you have other devices in your Google account, you can check compatibility with all of them at the same time from Google Play website: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ea.gp.simsmobile&hl=en

If after trying all these steps Google Play is still telling you your device is not compatible, unfortunately, it won't be possible to download the game

Message 45 of 109 (40,194 Views)

Sims Mobile isn't compatible?

★★★★★ Novice

Hello! Since the Sims Mobile released today, I wanted to download it but Google Play said my device was not compatible. However, I have an Android with version 7.0, so I don't know why it isn't compatible.

Message 1 of 109 (40,435 Views)

Re: Sims Mobile isn't compatible?

What device do you have? Running 7.0 doesn't mean your device is strong enough to run the app on.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 109 (40,417 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the response! I have an LG K8V. 

Message 3 of 109 (40,416 Views)

Sadly it looks like Google Play is right, the RAM in your phone is a bit weak... Frown

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 109 (40,700 Views)

★★★ Guide

How would you know what the ram is for the game? Mine isn't even compatible and I have devices with 2gb of ram

Message 5 of 109 (40,393 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Awe, okay Frown Thank you so much for the help!!
Message 6 of 109 (40,335 Views)

Sims mobile not compatible?

★★ Novice
I have a LG Premier, and when I go to download the Sims mobile (from a download link cause it doesn't show in app store) it says that my device isn't compatible? Is there any way to fix this?
Message 7 of 109 (40,122 Views)

Re: Sims mobile not compatible?

If it says it's not compatible your phone probably isn't strong enough to play the game. The only way to fix this would be to upgrade to a new phone.... 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 8 of 109 (40,191 Views)

Re: Sims mobile not compatible?

★★ Novice
Oh well that sucks. Thank you for the reply though!
Message 9 of 109 (40,110 Views)