Infinity mode Random crashes - let's collect all reports in one post

by Gattriele

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Infinity mode Random crashes - let's collect all reports in one post

★★★★ Novice

In the past days I saw several reports about random crashes on this mode, let's gain more visibility gathering all the crash reports in one post if possible.

It happened two time in a row to me, one at wave 7 and another one at wave 13 - 14 and the first time i went into the infinity mode crashed around 20.000 (didn't notice the wave number).

Always the same way: screen freezes and then windows popup says that GW2 has stopped working, it happens exclusively on infinity mode

Message 10 of 66 (2,299 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Infinity mode Random crashes - let's collect all reports in one post

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for this @Gattriele

I'm going to merge all current reports into this thread. If people could post the following details it would be great:

Platform?

At what point did you crash?

Do you always crash / crash at the same point?

Thanks,

- Andy -

*accepting as solution for visibility*

View in thread

Message 11 of 66 (2,077 Views)

All Replies

Infinity mode crashing

★★ Guide

I don't know if it is just the game mode itself, but I don't have this many issues with other game modes.

The people I was playing with can get well into the game (wave 14, 27, etc) and then suddenly the game crashes and kicks everyone out.

This is ridiculous. Not only do we lose all progress, we lose the stars it costs too.

Message 1 of 66 (2,260 Views)

Game crushed in Infinty.

★ Novice

Hey guys, amazing Game but i hve a big Probelm we have 30k of the things in Infinty then get i as Host a Crush. Please patched that we have reached Wave 27 

Where getting i the Crush?

I am destroyed then have my Teammates Wave 27 fiished i going revive and then CRUSH. Plz fix taht Thank you.

Best Greetings

Timo

Message 2 of 66 (2,280 Views)

Re: Game crushed in Infinty.

★★★★★ Apprentice

that have happend for me 3 times since the early acces..

Really annoying.

PS/ all my drivers are up to date

Message 3 of 66 (2,264 Views)

Solo Infinity Time Crash

★★★ Newbie
Hi!
While playing the infinity quest as a plant, at the end of wave 7, immediately after the tombstones are either destroyed or vanish, the game freezes and boots me back to the Xbox home screen. I tried restarting the Xbox but same issues.

Thanks for any advice!
Message 4 of 66 (2,308 Views)

Re: Solo Infinity Time Crash

★★ Novice
I had the same problem and I normally wouldn't care but you only get a limited number of stars and I had to use them just to get nothing for it. I want my stars back.
Message 5 of 66 (2,289 Views)

Re: Solo Infinity Time Crash

★★★ Guide

Same thing happened to me and I realized that it only occurs during the Zombie Infinity mode after certain wave. It crashes both singleplayer and 4 people multiplayer.

It is terrible indeed

Message 6 of 66 (2,270 Views)

infinity mode crash every time (pc)

★★★★ Novice

It only happens on infinity mode, on different waves, once at the end of wave 7, another time around 12-13, it's quite random.

game freezes and windows popup says that gw2 has stopped working... 

My system:

i5-6600 3.30GHz

16 gb ram ddr4

geforce gtx 970

win 10 - 64 bit

all drivers are updated and the crashes happen exclusively on infinity mode, no problems with roaming in the yard, operations or multiplayer

Message 7 of 66 (2,264 Views)

Infinity time crash bug

★★★★★ Novice

We crashed at about wave 18...and we crashed before at about wave 9...i thought it was my problem, so we switched hosts, but still the problem forces us to close without refunding anything! especially please give us back our stars!

Message 8 of 66 (2,271 Views)

Re: Infinity time crash bug

★★★★ Novice

made a post about it few hours ago, not a matter of refund, but random crashes are making this mode impossible to be played at the moment for me

Message 9 of 66 (2,260 Views)