Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Incredibly sloppy game performance on more than 1 device

by Driftwookee

Original Post

Incredibly sloppy game performance on more than 1 device

★★★★ Novice

Hi,
I've been playing SWGOH pretty much since it first came out. Over the course of 2-3 years I probably experienced something like 5-10 game crashes, which is totally fine.
Since the last major update, though, I'm having anything between 1-3 crashes per DAY. On top of that, I've had several matches (mainly arena) where game speed was so terrible, it took over a MINUTE(!) before the first char (myself OR opponent team) could do their first move. This NEVER happened before.
Take a look at the attached screenshot: 1min 21s into the match, and even Han's attack buttons aren't there yet. Needless to say I lost the fight, as I could only make 3 moves in 5 minutes.
I opened a ticket about this slow game performace, including the same screenshot – yet it seems the support adviser didn't really understand "slow game performance", and instead replied this: "I realize that you are facing issues of game launching", then telling me I should update the app, update my OS, and charge my phone. Not really the sort of thing I want to hear after refreshing/spending crystals in order to reach my normal arena spot for payout.
My OS and the game, on TWO different devices (iPhone and iPad) are indeed up-to-date. Yet I'm experiencing these crashes and ultra-slow performances on both devices. I even tried re-installing the app several times.
1) Is the dev-team aware of this? (Pretty sure I'm not the only one with these problems). Or does your support team always reply with the standard callcenter-copy-paste, and not feed back to the devs?
2) Could you please feed this back to your support team? I was being friendly, descriptive, with constructive feedback, and even attached a screenshot. Not really nice to get a "copy/paste callcenter" type response.
3) In TW/TB game modes (at least): Would it please be possible to keep the battle-counter at zero, if the game crashes during battle/environment load? Yesterday, I had a crash before I even saw the teams or environment. Lost my team AND battle counter went up. This should be fairly simple to achieve I believe, no? ("IF battle time <1s THEN reset team/counter")
Many thanks!

Message 1 of 3 (251 Views)

Re: Incredibly sloppy game performance on more than 1 device

Hi, @Driftwookee 

I had something similar on my android device a couple of months ago. A reinstall of the game does wonders regarding constant crashes and freezes. Make sure you link your game to iOS game center before you do a reinstall. Wouldn't want you to loose everything.

I don't work for EA. If a post solved your problem, please accept it as a solution and grant XP.

There must be both dark and light. I will do what I must to keep the balance, as the balance is what holds all life. There is no good without evil, but evil must not be allowed to flourish. There is passion, yet peace; serenity, yet emotion; chaos, yet order. I am a wielder of the flame; a champion of balance. I am a guardian of life. I am a Gray Jedi.
Message 2 of 3 (204 Views)

Re: Incredibly sloppy game performance on more than 1 device

★★★★ Novice
Just to quote from my initial post:
"I even tried re-installing the app several times."

TWO devices
THREE crashes per day average, on BOTH devices

On top of what I described above: this TW I had 3 game crashes in 4 offense attempts. Unacceptable. Other players are experiencing the same:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Game-Crashes/m-p/7759660#M24980

This post has been up for a week. I'd really appreciate feedback from the developer.
Message 3 of 3 (158 Views)

HOW TO CONTACT SUPPORT

Having trouble in Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes?

Contact EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Find your Player ID

Here's how to find your unique Player ID in Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.

Learn more on EA Help

ea-help-promo

Find your Ally Code

Here's how to find your Ally Code in Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.

Learn more on EA Help