Re: App crashed as soon as I hit battle for GAC

by famaooga

Original Post

Re: Increase in Game Crash Instances

★★★★★ Newbie

Will there be any way to get for example my 60 light side currency wasted when game crashed during Tier 3 of JMLS event?

Message 61 of 74 (416 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Android, Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Since the update, my screen is locked with a tutorial hand hovering over guilds, and I'm at level 1.

Message 62 of 74 (511 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

My game has crashed multiple times in the past month, but in the past week it has crashed 5 times as I've tried starting a battle in Galactic Conquest, causing me to lose a total of 75 conquest energy. I haven't mentioned anything before because the crash hasn't affected me severely in the game modes that is has happened in, but as every conquest battle is extremely valuable as I'm trying to reach the top reward box, I would like a way to be replenished or compensated for the battles I've missed out on.

Thank you in advance,

Dave (Ally code: 442-692-741)

Message 63 of 74 (476 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Illium@EA_LannaThe crash issue has not been resolved with the latest update. I'm running iOS 14.5 on an iPhone 12 Pro Max. The increased crashes has been going on for around a month.

Not sure if it matters on game mode but the crash always occurs when trying to enter a new battle. Will spin for a few seconds and then crash. Likely just lost my current GAC match because of it.

https://youtu.be/yIjuH9Om0PQ

Ally code 622-343-643

Can someone contact me, I have a JetsamEvent*.ips file that is over 5000 lines that describe the state of the system when the crash occurred, is that helpful?  Do you want more as I can probably get more since it crashes often enough now.  Plus I'd like to know that my efforts to provide useful information is not landing on deaf ears.  I tried to attach but the system will not let me.

This wasn't a traditional crash log but a jetsam event, based on the timing of this event being right when the app crashed, Apple didn't like how you requested increased memory and just shut you down.  I can try and keep less programs running but it  might not matter if you are requesting something in an unusual manner.

Thanks

Message 64 of 74 (437 Views)

★★ Novice

Not only has the game been crashing more, but it’s been freezing mid-battle on Arena battles and Territory Battles, and you don’t get a do-over when that happens!

in a game where it’s pay-to-play like this one, such crashes, with no do-over or refund, are absolutely unacceptable!!!!

here are just 2 examples of ‘stuck’ battles in the last few days..

25B22B13-A4EF-489C-8A2D-E8334ECD8830.jpegB391EA84-41DA-49BC-AB3F-18FDEB09C6EF.jpeg

Message 65 of 74 (418 Views)

Game crushing continues.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The game keeps on freezing. Happened to several guild mates also.

Message 66 of 74 (406 Views)

Re: Timetable for fixing the crashes

★★★ Newbie

It crashed today on me at the during GAC fleet battle. I’d picked my fleet and as soon as I went to activate the battle it crashed. 

Message 67 of 74 (366 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ipad software 14.5.1

Crashes began sometime at the end of 2020 but have gotten more frequent (at least once a day)

Game crashes randomly, often during Arena battles but also during TW battles

Sometimes when I hit a certain button (but that button could be anything.)

Message 68 of 74 (331 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

What is actually being done about this? we NEVER get any communication saying that you are actually fixing these issues.

1. Which device are you using? (brand, OS version) IPhone 11 Pro
  2. When did increased crashing start for you? 2-3 months
  3. Does the game crash randomly or in a specific mode? Randomly

The stupid crashes make the game so much less enjoyable than it should be, I crash in arena matches, annoying but I can refresh, this morning it crashed going into a gac match. Now I’ve lost that round, thanks.... 

Perhaps you could include a tiny bit of testing to make sure new releases actually don’t ruin the stability of the game...

I’m not using some super old device or trying to do anything weird or complex... this is a mobile game and it should run on one of the latest iPhones. 

Message 69 of 74 (319 Views)

GAME CRASH KNOWN & CG STEALS FROM IT'S PLAYERS

★ Novice

GAME CRASH!!  that is admittedly known by the "support team" crashes mid event. Fortunately I have the entire thing on video from entering the event and paying the tickets to getting to the end of the event. then just as I strike the finishing blow.....GAME CRASH and restart, like it's been doing since the last update. I think to myself you know what, I have it on video I will contact the support staff and maybe they can either get me my tickets back to play the event over again...or im sure they will have some way to make me whole as crystals and refreshes aren't cheap.

So I chatted with them for about 30 minutes and THEY asked ME to calculate how many crystals it would take for me to earn enough tickets to just start again. So I said well that depends on drop rates but roughly....and I gave them the number I estimated would get me the 70 tickets assuming a 40% drop rate. They said thank you give me a few minutes.

I wait, he comes back and says there is nothing they can do , tho they are aware of the crash issue, I should check the forums on when to expect a fix, and then disconnected my chat. Fortunately I was recording this chat as well when they disconnected me. Im hoping that someone, anyone at CG or EA reads this and says...hmmm maybe I shouldn't take money from people and then when the game obviously fails and takes that currency from the player , maybe I should replace it. Or even just care enough to change it so the events don't take your "admission" fee until you either lose or win the event. Ensuring that the game didn't crash and steal your expensive crystal refreshes and precious tickets.

Here is a link to the video that shows the game failing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pcpx3-rYOw

also attached is a PDF of the conversation that I was disconnected from once I was unhappy they admitted to the problem but said they will do nothing to compensate me.

Tho it's obvious to me I was within a few seconds of winning, but thats fine..I'll just take the tickets please and do it again, I don't need a hand out just what I was robbed of.

My hope is that they will realize they cannot keep stealing from their loyal players. I really hope someone anyone important kicks up on the thread and cares enough to make it right out of the principal of doing ethical business Please anyone who can chime in and make some noise about it it would be appreciated, would love to see that these companies don't really own us.

Message 70 of 74 (315 Views)